Hopping Up A Spree: Which Block Is Best?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

az_slynch
Spree
Spree

Hopping Up A Spree: Which Block Is Best?

Post by az_slynch »

Thanks to dem0nk1d, FailSpree has a viable powerplant. From the bits and bobs of other engines I've collected, I plan to build up a kitted and re-geared engine too. My question is:What would make the best baseline for a kitted NQ/05? Final gearing is irrelevant, as I'm using Tazland's gears.

Currently, I'm leaning towards building up one of the '85 motors and bolting the best bits I can on it. My reasoning is that the early engines had a lighter flywheel and could probably rev more freely. Am I crazy to think this? Is there a better solution?
'64 Vespa 90 (V9A1)
'65 Allstate Compact (DS60)
'74 Vespa 125 Primavera (VMA2)
'81 Vespa P200E (VSX1) (2)
'83 Yamaha Riva (XC180K) (2)
'84 Yamaha Riva (CV80L)
'85 Honda Spree (NQ50)
'86 Honda Gyro S (TG50)
'87 Honda Elite (CH80)
'89 Honda Elite E (SB50P)
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Hopping Up A Spree: Which Block Is Best?

Post by veedubh20 »

drop in a dio motor :rock: :lol:

sell nq50 motor and throw fund on af16e motor and mod :worship:
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Re: Hopping Up A Spree: Which Block Is Best?

Post by akskoot »

az_slynch wrote:Thanks to dem0nk1d, FailSpree has a viable powerplant. From the bits and bobs of other engines I've collected, I plan to build up a kitted and re-geared engine too. My question is:What would make the best baseline for a kitted NQ/05? Final gearing is irrelevant, as I'm using Tazland's gears.

Currently, I'm leaning towards building up one of the '85 motors and bolting the best bits I can on it. My reasoning is that the early engines had a lighter flywheel and could probably rev more freely. Am I crazy to think this? Is there a better solution?

I'm not sure about the 85 nq/05 , but in the se/05 realm the '85 has inferior port timing and intake manifold. Compared to its' 86-87 counterpart. Something you may look into. :blah:
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image