Taz BBK/gears Update

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

catsailor
Spree
Spree

Taz BBK/gears Update

Post by catsailor »

I now have over 200 miles logged since my bbk/gear upgrade. She goes a constant 35 on flats and slight inclines. Faster, (i burried the spedo, anything over 40 seems a bit squirley on brakes and suspension) on downhills. When I start her cold, the bystarter works fine, and she comes to a nice idle after initial warm up. After running for more than a few minutes, sometimes she stalls at idle, causing me to feather the throtle as im coming to a stop, while at lights, etc. I tried adjusting the idle screw (I think its the one on the carb with the spring on it?) and it does not seem to help. Am I adjusting wrong screw? Also, today in the last 1/2 mile of my ride I think I experienced a soft sieze. She just completely died and i rolled to a stop. Started her right back up and limped home at 10 mph for the last 1/2 mile. An hour later, she fired right back up and had the same pep she had prior to the problem. Is there anything I should do about this? On my last fill up, i stopped adding 2 oz of 2 stroke oil directly to gas tank. Maybe I should consider continuing with that? Thanks for your help.
1984 Spree With Taz BBK and Gears
1988 Seawind 24 Catamaran
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Taz BBK/gears Update

Post by odinxxix »

wheelman suggested to me that i run 90:1 premix plus the oil pump. 1.5 oz to 1 gal of gas and i have had no problems.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Re: Taz BBK/gears Update

Post by aerorob »

Since its more thab stock, the stock oil pump won't supply enough oil for a big bore.
I would continue to add that extra oil and I'm sure you will be fine if it was just a little soft seize. And the idle one is the top screw of the two adjustment screws.
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps