Help! pin in crankhouse

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

niftyfifty
Goped
Goped

Help! pin in crankhouse

Post by niftyfifty »

hey guys

As i was putting the rings on the piston, and putting the piston on to the crank, i slid the guiden pin into its hole, i had a clothe securing the crankhousing so the little pins wouldnt fall down into the crank housing, i did one side fine, wen to do the other, the pin popped out of my pliers and fell through the small gap in the clothe down into the crank housing! i have taken the engine out and tried shaking it out, but i cant hear anything!

i was thinking of buying a magnetic rod thing to see if i can pull it out?
now im questioning myself to if it even fell in the hole!
what i do? do i need to take the whole crankhousing out? help!!!

also, if i cant find it, and i just put new pins on the guiden pin, is there a chance that if its still in there it would rip my engine to peices?

i am screwed!!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

this happend to me. it is in there. you have oil in there so it is most likely stuck to the wall in there. now do not turn or run the engine! you will destroy it. thats why i needed new crank berings. cuz it was hitting the pin at the bottom of my crank and making it lift and screwing my berings. you have to take it totally apart. take ou thte crank and clean it. then check your inside for scraches if there are file down the lifts in the metal. and u should be good. be careful takeing apart and putting together the crank case.
niftyfifty
Goped
Goped

Post by niftyfifty »

i tried to take it apart, but i dont have that special thing to do it. i dont understand how you can get the flywheel off, it has sum weird clip on it, which makes it stupidly hard to get off!

is this one of those ocassions where i'm going to have to pay someone to do it for me?

this is stupid, an easy job turned so hard and painful
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

ill do if for you. give me 20$ + you pay shipping from here and to here tho. i will also clean your crank case for you. and paint it if u want it to be. the price is negotiable.
spreegusto
Noob
Noob

Post by spreegusto »

just get a flywheel puller from pepboys for eight bucks
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

this happened to me. i got it out by shaking it and turning the crank back and fourth. most likely the oil is what is making it stick. get soome carb cleaner. (spray can type) and flush it out. it will also clean the crank case and rid the oil.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

vette76 wrote:this happened to me. i got it out by shaking it and turning the crank back and fourth. most likely the oil is what is making it stick. get soome carb cleaner. (spray can type) and flush it out. it will also clean the crank case and rid the oil.
exactly what i did, aside from spraying carb cleaner. although thats a good idea.
projects galore :nerd:
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

yea, i didnt use the carb cleaner idea. but i just thought it might work.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
niftyfifty
Goped
Goped

Post by niftyfifty »

sorry cant take you up on the offer of cleaning my crankhouse because im in new zealand.

but vette76 and burnt_toast, thats a brilliant idea! i shall try it and let you know how it goes.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

yep gas or carb cleaner.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
niftyfifty
Goped
Goped

Post by niftyfifty »

problem solved!
i sprayed carb cleaner in the crankhouse, the oil turned to a liquid, and the pin came straight out.

next problem, i installed everything, tryed to start scooter, and now the starter pinion gear just spins below the crankshaft gear! how do i fix this, do i just put something in the starter pinion so it is always engaging with that crankshaft gear?

hopefully this is the last issue before the beast runs!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

try greasing it up. that happen to me. so i greased it up and wala