Wrong oil added to tank.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Wrong oil added to tank.

Post by Trafficjamz »

wiguy05 wrote:
Trafficjamz wrote:
wiguy05 wrote:Take the scooter to a professional mechanic and have them drain the tank and bleed to oil injection system. You risk ruining a good engine if you attempt it yourself without knowing exactly what you're doing.
That is probably not necessary .....It will not ruin you engine

It could foul out a spark plug or cause a little more carbon build up.
If there is an air bubble in the injection system it will very likely seize from oil starvation. To each their own.
Would you take your spree to a shop for this? Is getting the oil pump primed so complicated that you think sevenkeys coulod not do it if some one EXPLAINED it to him?

This forum is here to help people help themselves, not to point out other peoples mistakes.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
SevenKeys
Noob
Noob

Post by SevenKeys »

I did add the oil to the oil tank and have been running the bike, which runs well...up to 25 mph. I just heard from the mechanic who tuned it up (cleaned the carb and new spark plug), but doesn't know about the wrong oil yet. I am worried about the air bubble and don't know about my oil line bleeding skills. I don't want to attempt this if it is not absolutely necessary. Also, I just learned from the mechanic that even though the bike is running good, it has a cracked carb, and he suggests that I be on the lookout for another one.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

I think that your oil mixup is blown out of proportion. If you are nervous about draining the tank then don't. You still have oil in the tank most of which is two stroke oil. As long as you are not pushing the envelope then why worry. If you were tuning your engine to go 40 mph then the stresses would be more.

Gravity will do most of the work for you if you do decide to drain the tank.

Good luck
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I know a guy that filled the oil tank with 5W 30
By the time I told him that what the wrong kind, he had gone through 1/2 of that oil :surprise:
All he did is drain it, and put in the right stuff. Problem solved

BTW you will probably want to change your spark plug if you ran it much on the incorrect oil.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Wheelman-111

13-Step Program

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

If you can pee successfully into a bucket, you can drain your oil tank.

1. Put a locking pliers of some sort near the end of the big hose that hooks to the pump.
2. Remove the spring-clamp that squeezes the end of the big oil line.
3. Pull the big oil line off the barb on the pump.
4. Place the end of the big oil line into a catch can.
5. Remove the locking pliers applied in "1."
6. Go rent a nice movie. I recommend "The World's Fastest Indian", starring Sir Anthony Hopkins.
7. Watch the movie. Cheer when he exceeds 200 MPH. (Oops! gave it away!!)
8. Return the movie to the video store, cursing Wheelman for giving away the end.
9. Check to see your oil tank is empty.
10. Reattach locking plier to the end of the hose.
11. Refill tank with the correct 2-stroke oil.
12: Holding the line over the catch can, release tension on the locking pliers until oil runs out the end. Block the outflow with your finger. (Just like BP, only don't wait 96 days.)
13. Quickly reattach the oil line to the pump, using clamp in #2. (You will make a mess.)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
vette66_00
Spree
Spree

Post by vette66_00 »

haha now that's funny!!
89 Honda Elite E 48cc bbk and gears all broken in... I get to 35 mph (gps) full out and Im 240 lbs. Need more speed

My toy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgZXLUy25U
SevenKeys
Noob
Noob

Post by SevenKeys »

Thank you, everybody! I appreciate your help. I am hopeful (and glad to hear that I am not the only one who has added the incorrect oil to the oil tank) that gravity and good fortune will sort things out. I am grateful for "Wheelman's" step by step instructions for draining and reconnecting to the tank, and I did see 'The World's Fastest Indian' and loved it. My Spree, even with the new tune up, probably won't go that fast. I'm not sure that I'd want to be on it if it did.