Engine Noise and Smoke

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Elite-ist
Spree
Spree

Engine Noise and Smoke

Post by Elite-ist »

I have a 96 Dio ( Elite 50 ) and at around 30 mph i get a growling type noise from the engine and she starts letting out thick white smoke. Is my engine shot? Would a rebuild help? Or do I need a new engine? It has about 4000 miles on it.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

iff u get a new engine i calll dibs on this one guys... ill buy it! but only if u get a new engine!!!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

maby your crank is bent and at a certin speed your crank vibrates. ooorrr your oil injector is shot and when you go faster it putts TOOOO much oil in ur engine makeing alot of white smoke.... and the reason for the bad injector could be becues it has a bent crank!!!!! or it just needs a new injector.... or its loose. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Re: Engine Noise and Smoke

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

Elite-ist wrote:I have a 96 Dio ( Elite 50 ) and at around 30 mph i get a growling type noise from the engine and she starts letting out thick white smoke. Is my engine shot? Would a rebuild help? Or do I need a new engine? It has about 4000 miles on it.
to re build you winn need the crank. bearings and seals. i would suggest an aftermarket carnk like a mini stroke. It will be cheaper than a stock crank(that's shipping included).Also you can increase cc without cutting the case. i would suggest a full circle mini crank though. IMO.

To make sure that it is not the injector you can take the injector off line and premix and see what happens.If it still has that roughness at about 30mph then it could be your crank.IMO
Elite-ist
Spree
Spree

Post by Elite-ist »

Ok thanks i'll check the injector first