1987 SE50 Quit Running... HELP!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Roaster
BMX
BMX

Re: 1987 SE50 Quit Running... HELP!

Post by Roaster »

Alright so I got the CMR BBK from VTcycles. What kind of stuff do I need to do to break it in? It comes with an 89 jet. Do I need to replace anything else? I've been reading a lot about checking compression first, how do I go about doing that? OH and what should the Pre-mix be, or do I need to Pre-mix at all?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Roaster wrote:Alright so I got the CMR BBK from VTcycles. What kind of stuff do I need to do to break it in? It comes with an 89 jet. Do I need to replace anything else? I've been reading a lot about checking compression first, how do I go about doing that? OH and what should the Pre-mix be, or do I need to Pre-mix at all?

Premix of course. Contact Steve or Keyoni at VT they will have the best advice that won't void any warranty. :thumbwink:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Roaster
BMX
BMX

Post by Roaster »

ok heres some more newbie questions...

When should i change the gears, and when is a good time to think about a new/aftermarket exhaust? and in doing these things what problems may I encounter or what other things do i need to take into consideration... I.E ... jetting?