Just installed BBK, need help...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Just installed BBK, need help...

Post by kingkamehameha »

I've broken bores in with a stock carb on a budget. However I always stayed below 40mph and used the stock pipe along with a 104 jet. You seem to be on the right track but the extra hundred bucks for a carb and mani goes a long way. Saves the trouble of seizing a bore and burning a bigger hole in your pocket
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

adiokid1188 wrote:I didn't re-jet the carb at all. It's completely stock.
You can't run this setup without rejetting the carb. You need AT LEAST a 90 jet. There's nothing you can do to get it to run right with the stock jet. The stock carb & filter is fine, just change the jet (and clean the carb while it's apart). Jet will cost about $4.00 from the Honda dealer, and you'll be done in about an hour. It's cheaper to buy jets than to try to drill them. Also, adding oil to the fuel makes the problem worse. Skip the oil. The stock oil pump puts out more than enough oil for 80cc. What you've done makes a real nice Dio upgrade, and it's totally tested and debugged. Lots of Dios have this exact setup and you'll really enjoy it. It totally surprises the heck out of other scooters when the light turns green! Another big plus is that it's as reliable and durable as the stock Dio.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

JJ Joseph wrote:
You can't run this setup without rejetting the carb. You need AT LEAST a 90 jet. There's nothing you can do to get it to run right with the stock jet. The stock carb & filter is fine, just change the jet (and clean the carb while it's apart). Jet will cost about $4.00 from the Honda dealer, and you'll be done in about an hour. It's cheaper to buy jets than to try to drill them. Also, adding oil to the fuel makes the problem worse. Skip the oil. The stock oil pump puts out more than enough oil for 80cc. What you've done makes a real nice Dio upgrade, and it's totally tested and debugged. Lots of Dios have this exact setup and you'll really enjoy it. It totally surprises the heck out of other scooters when the light turns green! Another big plus is that it's as reliable and durable as the stock Dio.
Dude a stock oil pump can't pump enough oil for a 80cc. That's the most retarded thing I've heard. You obviously don't know much about scooters. The ratio has to be 32:1 to maintain proper lubrication
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

kingkamehameha wrote:
JJ Joseph wrote:
Dude a stock oil pump can't pump enough oil for a 80cc. That's the most retarded thing I've heard. You obviously don't know much about scooters. The ratio has to be 32:1 to maintain proper lubrication
You are wrong about the oil ratio. It is the forum's accepted number but most any 2 stroke using good quality oil will live at 100 to 1 ratio as long as you are not a WOT junkie.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

kingkamehameha wrote:Dude a stock oil pump can't pump enough oil for a 80cc. That's the most retarded thing I've heard. You obviously don't know much about scooters. The ratio has to be 32:1 to maintain proper lubrication
I don't know where you're getting your info from, my friend, but a Dio oil pump can easily handle up to 100cc of 2-stroke engine. After-market 120cc stroker kits for Dios have the drive gear for the stock pump, and the gear is there for a reason. They're meant to be used with the Dio pump. A simple 80cc BBK is easily oiled by the stock oil pump. This is the 21st century and modern technology: you have to stop learning about Dios from the guys over at the lawn-mower repair shop. I've attached a photo of a Dio stroker crank (120cc with a 50mm piston) which shows the oil pump drive gear. I hope you can figure it out :-)
Attachments
dio_stroker_cranks.jpg
dio_stroker_cranks.jpg (28.65 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Hey more bad advice coming from JJ....what's new :jack:
JJ Joseph wrote:a Dio oil pump can easily handle up to 100cc of 2-stroke engine. :surprise: After-market 120cc stroker kits for Dios have the drive gear for the stock pump :crazy:
Ministrokers have oil drive gears. Full strokers usually do not. :urban:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

Trafficjamz wrote:Ministrokers have oil drive gears. Full strokers usually do not.
That's what I said - I even posted pictures for those who can't read.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

No....You said
JJ Joseph wrote: After-market 120cc stroker kits for Dios have the drive gear for the stock pump
120cc is not mini stroker it is full stroker :jack:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Trafficjamz wrote:No....You said
JJ Joseph wrote: After-market 120cc stroker kits for Dios have the drive gear for the stock pump
120cc is not mini stroker it is full stroker :jack:
Its not his fault t jamz. The batu fried his brain already. There's plenty of tweekers over there high on ice trying to wrench on mopeds. He's probably one of em
HI808SYM
Goped
Goped

Post by HI808SYM »

I am currently running 72CC malossi with stock manifold, airbox and oil pump.

I did not want to premix so i tied the oil pump wide open.

any advise (other than take out the oil pump and premix) on how to keep it running cooler or smoother. i currently running 42 pilot and 95 main jets

anyone knbow where to get a bigger manifold that is the same dimension as the stock manifold?

I figured the bigger carb would help keep the 72cc a little cooler
Last edited by HI808SYM on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

did you try jetting it to a 97 or 100? are you also running some oil in the gas tank too?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
HI808SYM
Goped
Goped

Post by HI808SYM »

bakaracer wrote:did you try jetting it to a 97 or 100? are you also running some oil in the gas tank too?
yeah i tried 1 ounce in the gas tank. same temp at WOT but takes a little while to get that high.
Last edited by HI808SYM on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

no if you spun a crank bearing, the crank would move around and you would have cylinder issues or seize. try leaning the needle 1 clip.see if tha clears that up. check for leaks too. if your up jetting and same temps, thats a sign of leakage somewhere.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

HI808SYM wrote:..........................................I did not want to premix so i tied the oil pump wide open. the bike runs OK, but, little growling sound at 1/4 throttle (still can figure out what it is).

any advise (other than take out the oil pump and premix) on how to keep it running cooler or smoother. i currently running 42 pilot and 95 main jets on the 19mm keihin that i have.

anyone knbow where to get a bigger manifold that is the same dimension as the stock manifold? my 19mm keihin bolts right to the stock manifold and airbox with no modification. here's where i got it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dio-Supe ... leQ5fParts

I figured the bigger carb would help keep the 72cc a little cooler but i really dont see much differences in temps when i swtich between the stock and the 19mm.
If the carb throttle bore is bigger than the intake bore then the carb is not doing you any good. The 1/4 throttle thing may well be air flow being badly disrupted.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
HI808SYM
Goped
Goped

Post by HI808SYM »

bakaracer wrote:no if you spun a crank bearing, the crank would move around and you would have cylinder issues or seize. try leaning the needle 1 clip.see if tha clears that up. check for leaks too. if your up jetting and same temps, thats a sign of leakage somewhere.
thanks, I'll check for leaks.
Last edited by HI808SYM on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.