METRAKIT BBK vs..???

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

atomicareprise
Goped
Goped

Re: METRAKIT BBK vs..???

Post by atomicareprise »

i have the 3kj case but swap to a dio case this morning...

next year we are aiming to build a 4vp engine fitted on a jog90...
PINOY SCOOTERISTA!!!
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

yeah i see lots of stuff for the minarelli motors and what not but there are still tons of stuff for the af motors too.. im stuck between polini contessa bbk and malossi iron bbk...w a 24mm carb
i bet mine is slower!!! now what??
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

I'd say go with the 72 malossi, well cause I had one and it never gave me any problems or dissapointments. But it's up to you, wether you're a polini guy or a malossi guy. Well that's how I see it.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
'98 Honda EK coupe - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - BOUGHT BACK/SOLD
'05 Arnada - CURRENT/UNDERCONSTRUCTION
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

cool thanx man.. ill prob go with the contessa or the corsa if i ever hit the lottery..haha i was informed that the contessa is already ported and what not .. and the malossi could use it but has more potential to do custom porting on due to extra material.. i want more the set it and forget it type bbk that its all already done to an extent.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

For the lastt time get the cast iron from red eft performance. You doont need to port just bolt on and go
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

kingkamehameha wrote:You doont need to port just bolt on and go
X2^^^

I ran my Malossi cast iron with stock boost port the first summer then opened up the boost port the following spring.

I had no problems with it. Everything looked great when i tore it down to port over the winter.

I just looked at red eft's parts...$165 is a great price, i couldn't find one under $200 (not including shipping) when i wanted one. I just might get another.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

evilone wrote:
kingkamehameha wrote:You doont need to port just bolt on and go
X2^^^

I ran my Malossi cast iron with stock boost port the first summer then opened up the boost port the following spring.

I had no problems with it. Everything looked great when i tore it down to port over the winter.

I just looked at red eft's parts...$165 is a great price, i couldn't find one under $200 (not including shipping) when i wanted one. I just might get another.
^^ x3

I myself ran my malossi with stock ports for a few months and never gave me any problems. I also know this guy who ran his malossi with stock ports and stock crank and had his bike hit 75mph. And yeah, $165 is pretty cheap for this BBK. They usually sell for $240-$260 here in HI.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
'98 Honda EK coupe - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - BOUGHT BACK/SOLD
'05 Arnada - CURRENT/UNDERCONSTRUCTION
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

well damnit guys.. i may just have to get the malossi then! lol that is cheap as s@*!.. i know its def got the better reliability reputation for sure. but does it have the same hp/tq output as the polini ? i just posted some dyno charts off a website i found in a search about an hr ago.. its a shootout between malossi , polini, and stage 6 race 70cc bbk.. i think it was done on a different bike but still quite viable info .. its cool to see anyways. a cheapo brand wallops the itallians ..haha
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

Stage 6 is not a cheapo company, they just happen to be a performance parts producer out of taiwan :P one must take into consideration that these motors are from japan not italy. some stuff from taiwan/china are cheap imitations for sure due to inferior materials but that is not always the case since china purposefully devalues their currency to get a better exchange rate on goods so dont be fooled because the price is lower. Stage 6 makes many more parts than just bores but so do malossi and polini I guess it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

i was referring to price in comparison by brand. i know they arent cheap.. they make some really cool and innovative stuff for scooters. they are cheaper than malossi an polini in price not quality
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Mystic wrote:Stage 6 is not a cheapo company, they just happen to be a performance parts producer out of taiwan :P one must take into consideration that these motors are from japan not italy. some stuff from taiwan/china are cheap imitations for sure due to inferior materials but that is not always the case since china purposefully devalues their currency to get a better exchange rate on goods so dont be fooled because the price is lower. Stage 6 makes many more parts than just bores but so do malossi and polini I guess it all depends on how much money you are willing to spend
Stage 6 is from Taiwan? My vari has 'made in Spain' stamped on it. Are you sure you are thinking of the right company?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

stage 6 is based/distributed out of france .. where the parts are manufactured is a diff story.one could be made in spain , one in taiwan, one in japan,etc.. just like many american cars parts are outsourced now and not 100% american......http://www.stage6.fr/catalog/catalog-english.html or home page at http://www.stage6.fr/
gixxer1000chad
Spree
Spree

Post by gixxer1000chad »

check out how badass their parts are.. id say second to none..by looks alone..haha really awesome stuff and thats just some of it in this catalog there are tons more items that arent in it
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

maybe I am thinking of Koso?
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

Upon investigation so far I have concluded Stage6 is a german brand and manufacturer but produces most of their stuff in Italy. I really thought they were based out of Taiwan but I dont want to spread misinformation so I wanted to clarify this.
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma