Elite 50 (SE50P) locked up, starter???

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Elite 50 (SE50P) locked up, starter???

Post by dun rite »

you can also use a scuff pad to clean and prep the textured surfaces. the green one you use for dishes, or they make them for auto paint prep, in different grits.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
Jaunty
Noob
Noob

Post by Jaunty »

kinda funny i have what sounds like the same exact scooter trim as you. black with PINK foot panels. Its for my wife though, she might like the pink. lol
nightcruiser
Spree
Spree

Post by nightcruiser »

Jaunty wrote:kinda funny i have what sounds like the same exact scooter trim as you. black with PINK foot panels. Its for my wife though, she might like the pink. lol
I am not exactly sure if it was originally a kind of purple color but faded to look kinda pink after 20+ years or if it was originally that color, all I know is it's not too manly! If anybody gives me any S#it I look and them and sternly say, "Yah, I ride a pink scooter!", they usually shut up fast enough, then I laugh my head off...
Seriously though, I would kinda like to change it and think over the winter I might take it apart and try to change the color of those panels...
On another note, do you have a hard time getting yours started when cold? I haven't yet gotten my electric starter working, I find when she's cold I need to kick her a lot and when she fires I need to pump the throttle to keep her running until she warms up. After she's warm she starts like a dream and idles nice.
I'm thinking maybe an issue with the auto bystarter or maybe still the o-rings on the intake manifold are leaking a bit and not giving enough vacuum to the fuel valve to open when I am kicking it....
At any rate, since your ride the same scooter I figured I would ask, cause I have very limited experience with this scooter since I inherited it broken and just got her running this year.....
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

nightcruiser wrote:
Jaunty wrote:kinda funny i have what sounds like the same exact scooter trim as you. black with PINK foot panels. Its for my wife though, she might like the pink. lol
I am not exactly sure if it was originally a kind of purple color but faded to look kinda pink after 20+ years or if it was originally that color, all I know is it's not too manly! If anybody gives me any S#it I look and them and sternly say, "Yah, I ride a pink scooter!", they usually shut up fast enough, then I laugh my head off...
Seriously though, I would kinda like to change it and think over the winter I might take it apart and try to change the color of those panels...
On another note, do you have a hard time getting yours started when cold? I haven't yet gotten my electric starter working, I find when she's cold I need to kick her a lot and when she fires I need to pump the throttle to keep her running until she warms up. After she's warm she starts like a dream and idles nice.
I'm thinking maybe an issue with the auto bystarter or maybe still the o-rings on the intake manifold are leaking a bit and not giving enough vacuum to the fuel valve to open when I am kicking it....
At any rate, since your ride the same scooter I figured I would ask, cause I have very limited experience with this scooter since I inherited it broken and just got her running this year.....

Bystarter is possible but, before you decide to replace it be sure that your airbox is sealed tightly and that all the connections are tight to the carburetor and intake manifold.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
nightcruiser
Spree
Spree

Post by nightcruiser »

martynkim wrote:
nightcruiser wrote:

Bystarter is possible but, before you decide to replace it be sure that your airbox is sealed tightly and that all the connections are tight to the carburetor and intake manifold.
Thanks for your reply. I will check the airbox and plan to change the 0-rings in the intake as soon as I find the right size....
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bystarter is possible but, before you decide to replace it be sure that your airbox is sealed tightly and that all the connections are tight to the carburetor and intake manifold.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I will check the airbox and plan to change the 0-rings in the intake as soon as I find the right size....[/quote]

Quite frequently, the bolts in the carburetor are stripped. This causes a major air leak and gives a hard start condition.

Air flow is a very important factor in these little scooters. Too much or too little can effect them drastically.

The threads in the carburetor are aluminum and they cannot take much. However it is easily fixed by putting a nut on the back side of the carburetor.

Good Luck, my SE 50 was a blast to ride. I was able to get it to a top speed of 52 MPH.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts