86 Spree STALLING

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

javlon
Noob
Noob

86 Spree STALLING

Post by javlon »

Hello everyone!
I just bought this beautiful Spree from Craigslist. There 1950 miles on it and GREAT condition. Im from San Diego and found it in Vista (~60 miles from me) So i went there this saturday, met with seller and drove back to home from there (as i said 60 miles). BUT after 36-37 miles it STALLED. Well i started it again but after few feet it stalled AGAIN and completely DEAD. It wouldn't start so i called my friend to pick me up. He's a mechanic and we came to his shop to see whats wrong. Firstly it wouldn't start due old SPARK plug so i replaced it and IT RAN. Then i continued my trip to home But after few miles it stalled again. But now it started from kick at first and i returned to the shop again and left it. Today i went there to continue working on it so we checked Air filter it was not bad and adjusted carb (didn't cleaned) so on my own risk i drove to home(15 miles) and O GOD it didn't stall, also i drove to food store and there was no problem too, BUT Im scare that it can happen again and dont want to late for work. Trip from work to home same like from friend's shop (~15 miles). That's why i wanna know why EXACTLY it happened and how TO PREVENT it in the FUTURE. My friend working on cars and dunno what to do, so Im asking guys PLEASE help me with that. There too many words i know but i tried to explain u everything.
motormike

Re: 86 Spree STALLING

Post by motormike »

You say you want to know WHY EXACTLY it happened.... :bowrofl:
There are several things that can cause the problem, but ONLY YOU can inspect the bike and find the problem.
Suggest you find the condition of the hoses, petcock, carb, tank, fuel screen/filter, because
:imo: you have some fuel delivery problem, i.e.; debris in the float bowl, bad hoses(replace w/clear), check your vacuum hoses too, inside tank rusty ?...... :hi:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Post by DeathByFox »

I used to have the same spree with the same issues. I cleaned the carb first. Then i checked the wiring and found i had a damaged wire that was draining the battery somehow. So check everything but clean the carburetor before anything else.
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance
javlon
Noob
Noob

Post by javlon »

Thank you very much guys ill do it asap. Also since i did what i said it didn't stall :worship:
I rode 100 miles WITHOUT STALLING :coolcruise: :peace: