1985 Spree... Timing issue?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Tenacious T
Noob
Noob

Re: 1985 Spree... Timing issue?

Post by Tenacious T »

The Spree is at the dealer right now . After talking to the service manager I'm wondering if they can fix it ? Service Mgr. " Well its an 85 - Honda doesn't make parts for it any more " ! So if it ends up being a stator it doesn't sound like they will repair with aftermarket parts or used parts . As for the spark plug gap I started @ .25 . With old CDI and coil all I was getting was a weak yellow spark . Tried an old Indian trick and set to .12 still weak . When I would crank to start it acted just like superbees . New CDI and coil did nothing for mine , still weak spark w/ new spark plug . Will update with dealers findings . T
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Tenacious T wrote:The Spree is at the dealer right now . After talking to the service manager I'm wondering if they can fix it ? Service Mgr. " Well its an 85 - Honda doesn't make parts for it any more " ! So if it ends up being a stator it doesn't sound like they will repair with aftermarket parts or used parts . As for the spark plug gap I started @ .25 . With old CDI and coil all I was getting was a weak yellow spark . Tried an old Indian trick and set to .12 still weak . When I would crank to start it acted just like superbees . New CDI and coil did nothing for mine , still weak spark w/ new spark plug . Will update with dealers findings . T
First off he is either stupid or uninformed. Honda still has plenty of parts available for these old scooters. Not everything but lots of things.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Tenacious T
Noob
Noob

Post by Tenacious T »

Well - After a week and a half at the dealer, the 85 Spree has 123psi of compession and a Bent Crank ! Service Mgr. said the wobbel in the crank was letting air past the crank seal . No new parts from Honda to repair it . He also went on to say in the day they sold more Spree's than any other dealer . At one time they had 37 abandoned Spree's at the dealer because of the coast to repair . Out of thoes 37 they were able to get 7 going and resell.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Tenacious T wrote:Well - After a week and a half at the dealer, the 85 Spree has 123psi of compession and a Bent Crank ! Service Mgr. said the wobbel in the crank was letting air past the crank seal . No new parts from Honda to repair it . He also went on to say in the day they sold more Spree's than any other dealer . At one time they had 37 abandoned Spree's at the dealer because of the coast to repair . Out of thoes 37 they were able to get 7 going and resell.
:bs:

he just does not want to fix it and gave you a load of :bs: :imo:

Sprees never die.....bent crank my *.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight