1985 Spree problems... please help...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

drl33t
BMX
BMX

1985 Spree problems... please help...

Post by drl33t »

i have a spree and i have been having some problems getting it to run right. my lattest broblem is that when i lay into the throttle, it will 'bog' down and try to die unless i let off the thottle. i have jerryrigged a air tube and made a air filter out of some foam, i have also cleaned the carb very well and have done a bunch of other cleaning to it but this problem is still with me.
i can get it to run right when i hold and adjust my fingures over the carb to get it right. when i do that it runs great!
so now i am looking for a factory air hose and factory air filter it solve the problem of no back pressure because that is what i think it is. so if anybody has theas parts, a price would be great and if anybody has any other sugestion on what the proplem might be would be great too! thanks
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

id have to say its definatly your jerry rigged air filter set up, id go for the factory set up...
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

It's your filter setup causing the issue. Contact Greg at uspmale@yahoo.com or check the parts for sale board.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
drl33t
BMX
BMX

Post by drl33t »

well, i have good news, i mostly fixted the air prob by using ducttape and a washer to make the hole smaller... so it now works better but i still want to try to ure the stock parts...
i will try a contact greg or if anyone else has the part, please let me know... thakx

oh yea, i also need a mirror so i can look behind me if nayone canhelp me out...