1985 Spree--Need Detter Speed Help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bowman2
BMX
BMX

1985 Spree--Need Detter Speed Help

Post by bowman2 »

Just got this 1985 Spree going and looking for more speed. Well not looking, need it due to the area I live in. People come up on you fast. It idles good and hit the throttle fairly well

Any way a couple of questions. Which of the sprk plugs shouls I be using for continuous full throttle use. Is there a good way to set the carb to gain more speed or anything else like that.

I have a new plug, ne tank & petcock, new air filter and new (rebuilt) carb.

I weigh 200 lbs and on a flat road can't get more than 20/30 mps and on a slight incline it drops to 25/27 mph. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I like this little Spree but unlist I can get a steeady 35mph minimum I will get rid of it and get one with a few mor cc's

Thanks in advance[/b]
scoot2er
BMX
BMX

Post by scoot2er »

No chance you'll get a min of 35 out of it. you need a minimum 80 cc's or a brand new 50 cc model. Lots of modification and metalwork to get it up to that high, you could blow your whole operation up. try NGK spark plug BPR6HIX $14 at an auto parts store. other than that good luck.
What it is?
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Sell it and buy an Elite 50. Best you'll get is 35 MPH on flat ground with the easy mods.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
bowman2
BMX
BMX

Post by bowman2 »

Well let me ask you this. Is it possible to put a 60 or 70 cc motor on the Spree without changing anything but the motor?
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Yes. Dio (94-02 Elite) and '87-93 Elite engines will fit with work.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

yea i did that it ant to hard
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
bowman2
BMX
BMX

Post by bowman2 »

How many mor cc's did you put in and what did you pick in speed. I am thinking maybe I can change the pullys or sprocket (don't what the Spree has) and gain some speed there. Or is it just that the 50 cc is not big enough. I live off a secondary road where the speed limit is 40 mph but the cars travel around 50. I just want them to see me before they run into me. lol
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

you want em to see you before they run into you? paint the bike and you yellow!! maybe flashing lights and train horns might do it too.
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
bowman2
BMX
BMX

Post by bowman2 »

Just this week a car passed another car and dam near ran me off the road pulling back into the lane. Unfortunately I was in front of the car he passed and if I didn't have a lot of experience riding real bikes for many years I would not have been able to get out of the way without being seriously hurt or killed.

I don't really take your comments too seriously and find them quite childish.

The object is not to get into a position to have to use the manuevers I did on such a small bike. Not having enough speed caused the vehicle behind me to crawl right up on me without the passing car seeing me in front. Thus I would like more speed. All my lights work on my scooter and I shouldn't have to dress like a clown to avoid these situations.

The only change other than a little more speed will be to take the florescent bullseye of the back of my riding jacket.

Don't get me wrong I like scooting around, it's fun but on the road they are pretty much a toy.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

bowman2 wrote: Don't get me wrong I like scooting around, it's fun but on the road they are pretty much a toy.
On a 50 MPH road they are a toy. You need a 70cc scoot with a variator trans, minimum. Your Spree is a 50cc scoot (with anemic porting) and a fixed pulley. Either swap in an Elite plant or buy a different scoot. You'll be lucky to get a wrapped-out 40 MPH with a modded Spree plant.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

i ride around on 50 mph roads at 25 uphill 35 flat and 40 45 downhill. its crazy yea i know all bout it. just stay as far over as possible to the side. i got a mirror i watch contiguously and when theres no cars behind me i ride in the lane.
bowman2
BMX
BMX

More Speed

Post by bowman2 »

Tell me what you did to get 35mph on the flat and I might just be satisfied with that. I don't mind the 25 uphill so much.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

put an elite engine in it. Spree engines are s***.
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
bowman2
BMX
BMX

Spree Needs More Power

Post by bowman2 »

You put an Elete 50cc motor in the Spree. What kind of modifications did you have to make to do that?
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

me i dont know it just ran like that with proper carb tuning.