Ch 80 no power no lights no nuthin!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Ch 80 no power no lights no nuthin!

Post by Ruckenstein »

So I picked up a CH80 on the cheap and now I know why.
I do not have battery hooked up to it. Was using wall charger. 12volt.
When I turn the key on I get absolutely nothing. The only few that I have managed to find is a small glass fuse leading to the battery. This fuse was visually in good condition. Is there another fuse box?
Everything appears to be grounded only thing I can think of is the rectifier. I'm not hip with a voltmeter but if I need to get that way I guess I will. I did try a different ignition switch and delete 50 I did not bolted on I just unplugged the old switch and plug in the elite 50 switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Re: Ch 80 no power no lights no nuthin!

Post by kevinv710 »

you need an ohmmeter when dealing with electrical issues Bro. You also need a full charged battery, so you can have a stable connection as power source, not wall charger. There is only one fuse in ch80, that next to battery box, and the fuse need to be working condition, in the first place, before moving up to the next.... keep updating so we can work/learn together Bro!
Kevin,
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ruckenstein »

I have a Klein voltmeter that definitely measures ohms. Will gladly love to do a walk though and post pics for the next electrically deficient person. Maybe make it a sticky! This thing is bolted together basket case if you follow my drift.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Not sure what a wall charger is, exactly, but I bet it can't fill in for a charged battery. Someone smarter than I (OK, that's most people...) can tell us why it won't work. Why not just hook up any handy 12v source? Car, garden tractor?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ruckenstein »

I have an old helix battery I'm taking onto the scene today. That and a multimeter.