86 spree tans and electrical problems/questions.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

86 spree tans and electrical problems/questions.

Post by MrJumps »

Hello, Let me get started with a tiny intro and then I will flood newb questions.
Ive been looking to own a scooter since last year around this time, just a few days ago (6 days? ) I came across a fairly nice looking 1986 honda spree. The person selling it wanted $200 cash but didn't have the title.

Problems so far that Ive been breaking my back over.
- The variator is solid, like no way to put weights in it or anything. ( is this normal? or is this stock I guess is what im asking? )
- The clutch, What springs should I get, the main springs and the big spring? I want a high topend and a decent accl. ( hilly in my area but a bit from here the land goes flat )
- electrical, The headlight and instrument lightbulbs are missing @_@ there just not there so what numbers are those bulbs?
- kinda a odd thing, but... The uh... horn is in a durex( I don't wanna say the word for it ) , I mean I guess its to prevent rust but it makes the horn funny sounding. :lol: Just wondering it this is important?
- Belt cover, should I put a new gasket on the belt cover or is it ok not to? I see holes drilled in other peoples?

Thanks- Jumpska
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Re: 86 spree tans and electrical problems/questions.

Post by curtis966 »

To answer your first question sprees don't have variators and their top speed is about 30mph when well tuned also hills are not their friends at all. As for springs I don't have a recommendation for what to use for the center, and they don't make spree clutch springs but I've heard that jog springs work or you can cut and recent elite clutch springs but I have never tried either of there options only read about them.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 86 spree tans and electrical problems/questions.

Post by paulpauly7 »

best bet is a engine swap .spree = slow no variator no need to change rear center spring .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1