Honda spree engine swap newb questions.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Honda spree engine swap newb questions.

Post by MrJumps »

Ive spent quiet a while on the forums and on the internet looking for someone who could fabricate a gy6 to spree motor mount... After ordering a new fueltap the other night and it getting here today, I tuned the scoot and drove up and down the motorway a few times. Apparently the engine had been under the ocean at one point, because there was rust all inside the engine and it quickly seized. The motor is ruined completely. It needs a new motor, something im more familiar with, the gy6. Ive seen other people do welds and mass amounts of fab work to get a gy6 under the sporting spree's chassis. Anyone know where such a mount could be found, if it even exist? Any help would be appreciative, even if I missed a fumbling link.

Cheers- Jumps
patthesoundguy

Re: Honda spree engine swap newb questions.

Post by patthesoundguy »

The master you seek is graphite 9 here on the board. He is the swap ninja ;-) check out his site scooterswapshop.com he the main source for our bits and pieces to fuelour scooter tuning and motor swapping addictions. He made my spree dio possible.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock