Winterization

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bravo462
Noob
Noob

Winterization

Post by Bravo462 »

Well it's Winter in wisconsin and that means no spree. I'm afraid i have to put it away till the snow melts but I dont kno what needs to be done to winterize it. If someone could help me with this that would be very very helpful for me cause I wanna keep the thing runnin seein how i just rebuilt the engine 4 months ago
hemlockz
Goped
Goped

Post by hemlockz »

The main thing is to fill up the gas tank so there is no area inside for condensation and rust to form. You can add some HEET to the gas to keep water out too. There are also oil stabilizers you can use or some people say use seafoam. Keep it dry is key.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i put stable in my gas, then run for a bout a mile in there, the fill the rest of the tank and put more stable so the stable is in the carb too.
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

Under all circumstances, DO NOT PUT THE ADDITIVE CALLED HEAT IN YOUR 2 STROKE SCOOTER!

HEAT is made up mostly of Ethanol, which is a 2 stroke gas+oil mix or inject engines nightmare!!!

Instead, use Stabil+Seafoam in your gas!

Specifically Seafoam. Stabil will keep the gas fresher, Stabil will assist+Keep rust from forming!

Heat does not stop the gas from going bad, or stop rust. It is designed to assist your vehicle to start when it's gold out!
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

To be honest, I've never really believed the hype about gas stabilizers. I've never put it in my boat for the 10 years I've had it and it has never failed to start once. Usually, one turn and it starts every spring. Just top off the tank and put it on the centerstand, you'll be fine.