Honda Spree and Elite 50 Forums

Keeping Spree Elite Aero 50cc and Gyro Alive!
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:06 pm 
Noob
Noob

Hello,
Bought a spree last week, rode good for a few days, now it barely runs.

I stripped the carb, now using bolt and nut.

I cleaned the carb and can blow air through both jets but I cannot see straight through the small jet next to the main jet. I can see light if I hold it angled. Is this supposed to be a straight through hole?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm 
CB900F
CB900F

The pilot does NOT go straight through...it kinda elbows around so you never have a line of sight through it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:14 am 
Noob
Noob

Meatball wrote:
The pilot does NOT go straight through...it kinda elbows around so you never have a line of sight through it.

Thanks!

I got it cleaned but can’t get a grip on the back side nut. I may try an eBay carb or may run the 21mm oko carb kit? Any suggestions would be awesome I want this spree runnin tip top

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am 
CB900F
CB900F

Well if you want it running in tip top shape, then I would not use an eBay carb, and most certainly would not use a 21mm carb on it. That's too big of a carb for a Spree. Even with a BBK it's still too big. The block can't handle it very well. You'll lose vacuum in the venturi, not to mention tuning will be extremely hard to do. What I would do with the carb, is tear it down, get a small crock pot, pour in some pine-sol and a few scoops of oxi-clean, set it on low, submerge the carb in it overnight. Spray it out with WD-40 the next day, then spray it out with some air, reassemble, and it should be clean as a whistle. The best carb for a Spree, is the factory carb. Those aftermarket eBay carbs are junk. If you do go aftermarket, you'll want to use a quality brand carb, and 18-18.5mm max.

1 Indian AMI-50
The World's Greatest Spree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU49lL_Xx4s
Want to make your stock Spree/Elite E, Engine go fast? CLICK HERE: LINK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 am 
Noob
Noob

eclark5483 wrote:
Well if you want it running in tip top shape, then I would not use an eBay carb, and most certainly would not use a 21mm carb on it. That's too big of a carb for a Spree. Even with a BBK it's still too big. The block can't handle it very well. You'll lose vacuum in the venturi, not to mention tuning will be extremely hard to do. What I would do with the carb, is tear it down, get a small crock pot, pour in some pine-sol and a few scoops of oxi-clean, set it on low, submerge the carb in it overnight. Spray it out with WD-40 the next day, then spray it out with some air, reassemble, and it should be clean as a whistle. The best carb for a Spree, is the factory carb. Those aftermarket eBay carbs are junk. If you do go aftermarket, you'll want to use a quality brand carb, and 18-18.5mm max.

Thank you! I just may have to heli-coil the carb but I guess if thats what I gotta do I'll do it.