Replacement Carb for 1986 Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Stoven14
Noob
Noob

Replacement Carb for 1986 Spree

Post by Stoven14 »

Hey all, first post and want to say thanks for all the great info on this site!

I recently purchased 2 86' Sprees with the intention of giving one to a friend and being able to work on them together. One works great, the other has had some issues. One of the problems I suspected had to do with the carb, as it was replaced by the previous owner with a cheap chinese one. From what I've read these are unreliable and everyone recommends using OEM carbs, so I bought what I thought was an OEM carb off eBay. Here is the link to the one I bought : https://www.ebay.com/itm/175671922453

However, I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is the correct carb and if it will work on my Spree. The "jumper" tube on it doesn't seem to be something I see on any other OEM carbs and all I can find on it is Keihin PA, but no other model information to verify. One thing I suspect is this one is actually for another Honda scooter like the Elite 50?

If this is the wrong carb, is it at all usable in the Spree if I make any adjustments? Complete beginner with all this so I apologize if that's a stupid question. Appreciate any help!
MINICooperS
Goped
Goped

Re: Replacement Carb for 1986 Spree

Post by MINICooperS »

The seller didn't post any pics of the "inside" of the carb, perhaps you can after removing the fuel bowl?