elite 50 carberater problems

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

gashead
BMX
BMX

elite 50 carberater problems

Post by gashead »

I start scooter and a lot of fuel is running out of carb. claened carb, checked out needle valve looks good. It has rubber tip to seal off, is there a removable seat that I may have miss placed ? scooter start and run pretty good till the carb over fills. Also is the SA50 a Spree & SB50 a Elite also I see a SB50P. All listed for the same year honda scooter, what are differnces
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

is the bowl drain shut?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
KHPower
Goped
Goped

Re: elite 50 carberater problems

Post by KHPower »

gashead wrote:I start scooter and a lot of fuel is running out of carb. claened carb, checked out needle valve looks good. It has rubber tip to seal off, is there a removable seat that I may have miss placed ? scooter start and run pretty good till the carb over fills. Also is the SA50 a Spree & SB50 a Elite also I see a SB50P. All listed for the same year honda scooter, what are differnces
The sb50p is like the spree motor . The sb50 is an upgraded version that can go alot faster. I believe the SB50 has better intake If that helps any.

What model of Elite do you have? Look on the frame.
" If you kill the Jo you make some Mo"
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

Scooter frame has SB50P, does this mean it was the cheeper of the two

Yes bwl drain has screw with jet type tip, and is all the way in. is there a removable seat for needle or float out of adjustment. Have thought of tring to bend platis float.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

are you sure the needle is in correctly? it can be tricky to get it assembled correctly.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

Maybe, I am over looking diffuclity. The needle has three flats on sides, a head where it clips onto float, and a rubber tip. The hole the needle goes into on cab appears to be round. So it is not keyed by the flats, I may be misstaken but, I think the flats are clearance to let fuel around ?
KHPower
Goped
Goped

Post by KHPower »

gashead wrote:Scooter frame has SB50P, does this mean it was the cheeper of the two

Yes bwl drain has screw with jet type tip, and is all the way in. is there a removable seat for needle or float out of adjustment. Have thought of tring to bend platis float.
Not cheaper , just slower , I believe the sb50p is designed to go 30mph and the sb50 38 mph
" If you kill the Jo you make some Mo"
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

Where is it running out from.The tube near the top or the throat?Is the gasket on the bowl?Did you check the float level?Does the petcock work properly?
85' Aero
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

Fuel is coming out near the slide, thru above throut , also the back where air cleanr clamps on. Not sure about adjusting float maybe bending where needle contacts with float. not sure if there should be a seat for needle, I could have missed placed, when I had carb a part
joeweir1
Spree
Spree

Post by joeweir1 »

Look at a parts diagram.You can access one on " Prosource Suzuki and Honda Parts outlet."
85' Aero
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

thank you, parts dia was good to see. Going to try to mess wit float I don't think it is making needle valve shut off fuel.
gashead
BMX
BMX

Post by gashead »

bent float under needle valve not leaking fuel. YEA!!!!!!!
going to get a couple of plugs and work from there, thanks for info.