I cant get my 86 spree started agian

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Base4life
Spree
Spree

I cant get my 86 spree started agian

Post by Base4life »

I just got this spree. It was running fine for the first day that i brought it home. I rode a couple of miles. Then the next day i started it up and rode down my drive way and it puttered out. I tryed starting it back up and all it would do was just turn the fan thing and wouldn't catch. I tested the spark and it works fine. I got a new battery. got new fuel lines just cant seem to get it started. Anyone no what is wrong?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

For sale 1985 spree. Runs great! $350 LOL!
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

No wait $300. Just messing with you, I thought I told you mine was well worth the $.
Base4life
Spree
Spree

Post by Base4life »

lol I am not talking about one that i have i dont have one yet. THis is my brothers lol.
IF you would get a key i would buy
lol
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Clean cab.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Base4life
Spree
Spree

Post by Base4life »

Do you have an easy way to do that? because all of the ones on here are all complicated.
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

Base4life wrote:Do you have an easy way to do that? because all of the ones on here are all complicated.
... I know nothing about carbs, and I was able to clean mine. I think the most I've ever done mechanically is change my oil and an air intake on my car. It's only a matter of taking it off and putting it back on after cleaning.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

Just download the manual and follow the directions. I had never touched an engine until last month when I bought my scooter. I pulled the carb off and cleaned it no problem in less than an hour my first time. It's way easier than you think, even if you have no idea what you are doing.

Just don't put carb cleaner in a plastic Dixie cup... it melted to my garage floor. It also burns like * when it gets under a wedding ring, if you've got one of those take it off.
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree