1986 honda spree pulley restricter plate? where is it at????

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

1986 honda spree pulley restricter plate? where is it at????

Post by needfasterthan31 »

i have been reading threads on how to make a spree go faster and one was to pull your side cover off and take off a restrictor plate that has 3-7mm bolts and you will gain at least a few miles per hour,i took my cover off and seen the front and rear pulleys and the drive belt but do not see a restrictor,the moped had 2200 miles from the original owner i doubt he took it off or maybe i am missing it,can someone explain exactly where it is or show a photo.i really need to try to keep up with traffic better,my spree does exactly 32 miles per hour flat ground.also what about the muffler,some say drill up the tip through both baffles and some say dremel or cut away the washer that is welded inside the flange.can anyone show me a photo of exactly what i drill away or explain it in exact detail.any suggestions are appreciated,thanks,
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

No restrictor plate on Spree, not even a variator.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

There is no washer in a spree exahust, just the 2 baffels to drill
a spree has no variable front pulley and therefore has no variable pulley restricter plate.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

honda spree pulley restrictor

Post by needfasterthan31 »

hi,thanks guys,i guess all i can do is drill the 2- baffles out,maybe it was the elite people were referring to the restrictor and welded washer.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

It was and there are restrictions on a spree, like the intake manifold needs some dremel work to function properly.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
e_kmiec23
BMX
BMX

Post by e_kmiec23 »

could you tell me more about the intake what needs to be shaved down and how far? Thanks for the info.
Eddie Kmiec
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Remove it from the bike, its the metal deal between the reeds and the carb, its where the vacuum and oil line hooks up. Notice that it has sudden, sharp, poorly thought out transition form round to square, get a grinding stone a dremel and smooth it out really good.
e_kmiec23
BMX
BMX

Post by e_kmiec23 »

Thanks for the info!
Eddie Kmiec
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Just remember to leave the finish rough.