need help getting my spree started

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

berssf06
BMX
BMX

need help getting my spree started

Post by berssf06 »

so ive been checking this site out for a while for tips and whatnot and finally decided to join when my 86 spree ceased to start the other day. Heres the history. I stored the bike for the winter, started up fine mid winter and rode it around the yard a couple times. Then changed a dead battery, changed the spark plug, and all she will do now is chugachugachugachuga but not actually start. Pulled the hoses from the fuel "regulator?/filter?not sure" and noticed they were bone dry. Then pulled the whole thing from the gas tank and found there must be a block in the regualtor/filter. Im not sure what to do from here and would be grateful if anyone had any ideas on getting her back on line. Also.....idiot friend who thought they knew something about motors may have screwed with the carb settings, could this affect the starting of the moped or lack of fuel from the tank to the carb? Thanks alot to anyone who may be able to help
-scott
Tuxedo
BMX
BMX

Post by Tuxedo »

Go back to the old spark plug and try that. What i did to start mine this spring was i took off the kick start cover and connected a power drill to the major gear there and spun it around till it started to run.