Throttle Cable Help Needed...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

hatin rain
Noob
Noob

Throttle Cable Help Needed...

Post by hatin rain »

I have an 87 Elite SE50 and I'm having a problem figuring out the single throttle cable into the double cable "coupling" transition. I pulled the cables apart at the plastic tube and I can't figure out how they reattach. It appears there is a small metal disc inside the tube with three holes (one for each cable) but I can't get the disc out of the tube without damaging it. Can anyone give me a tip on how the cables attach to one another? Sorry if this is a lame question, but I couldn't find anything in the manual that addresses the problem. :oops: Thank you.
Wheelman-111

Cabling

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The cable from the twist grip goes through the center of the "piston". The other two run backward in grooves along the outside. The cable ends catch lightly and hang off the piston. Hold them there while you slide the "cylinder"down over them. Give each end a ti to ensure they're engaged.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
hatin rain
Noob
Noob

Post by hatin rain »

Should the metal "piston" part you refer to be able to slide out of the plastic sleeve? That's where my problem lies... It's fully seated inside the tube and I can't get it out to enable me to seat the (2) cables coming out. I tried pushing the part out from behind with a small screwdriver, but it didn't seem to want to go and I didn't want to force it (and break the part. Should I disconnect the single cable from the throttle control to give me more cable to work with? Thanks for the reply.
Wheelman-111

Cableage

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Perhaps just adjust the cable at the twist grip to full-loose first?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
nysnowborder
Spree
Spree

Post by nysnowborder »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^
i had the same problem. you might even have to take your throttle tube off to get enough clack
1987 Honda elite 50 s
keli pulley
rebuilt motor
hatin rain
Noob
Noob

Post by hatin rain »

Yea... I got the part loosened and reinstalled correctly. Thanks for the replies. Now if I could get the engine to stop bogging down when I apply the throttle... :roll: Thank you sir... May I have another?