nb50 vision/aero not starting

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Re: nb50 vision/aero not starting

Post by swflcarl »

You should see it fire up with ease now. Once you decide to tap the starter slightly, you will be very pleased.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

brill ! it started up after 3 tries, ive warmed it up and turned off a few times and starts first time now, ive had to loosen the idle screw though so it wont idle, doesnt bother me much though cos i rode my sa50 for 2 months without any idle, havent dared to ride it in this snow though
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Post by swflcarl »

Will not idle.... that deals with the pilot circuit most likely. Have had issues on this circuit before... it has the smallest jet and is most likely the first to clog.

It connects to idle screw, idle jet (brass tube in bowl up to main carb body), and an intake tunnel. You wil want to check all are clear.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive