Honda Express.... Where to begin

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

SUP Dude
Noob
Noob

Re: Honda Express.... Where to begin

Post by SUP Dude »

One more quick question.. What is top speed on these. Stock with no mods?
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Mine went about 30mph or there abouts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
SUP Dude
Noob
Noob

Post by SUP Dude »

So what does it require as far as installation to install a big bore kit? And do I need to worry about upgrading my carb or any other parts if I do go with a big bore kit?
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

You totally will need a larger carb for sure as the stock carb is kinda small and most express carbs have a fixed main jet. You can get intake adapters or entire intakes. This is prob a good way to get a bigger carb https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-honda-expr ... ke-345.htm bolt it on bolt on a new carb and throttle cable and rock. The real magic comes from a pipe though. Pretty much you bolt on the kit bolt on the carb get the jetting dialed in and start breaking it in. Make sure you run premix along with the stock oil pump. Crap I just remembered some important info for bolting on a bbk to an express. Since the cylinders are meant for a pa50 you may have to cut fins to make clearance for that oil plug on the trans case. Image
And you don't need to but it could be a good idea to block the compression release hole with a pics of bolt and tap the hole. Image
ImageImage
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
SUP Dude
Noob
Noob

Post by SUP Dude »

Wow! thanks! I think I am going to go that route and try to add a little more power.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

It adds a lot of power but costs a boatload of money depending what parts you decide on. ;-)

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
SUP Dude
Noob
Noob

Post by SUP Dude »

Thanks. I looked into all the upgrades.... Wow it does get pricey. Maybe I will forget about the big bore kit for now and think about it if my rebuild fails down the line.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

the exhaust port on my express is smaller than a spree exhausts port. patthesound guy is also one of the best on this fourm so id take his advice.

I'd start with opening up the exhaust port and a new pipe.
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

mmeadows wrote:the exhaust port on my express is smaller than a spree exhausts port. patthesound guy is also one of the best on this fourm so id take his advice.

I'd start with opening up the exhaust port and a new pipe.
Hey thanks :-) stock exhaust port on most express cylinders start out rectangle shaped, opening it up helps a whole lot. Carbide burr cutter in the dremel will make quick work of getting it opened up and transitioned then use a stone or diamond bits to smooth it out. Chainsaw sharpening stones work well and are cheap, you can usually get a pack of them for a few bucks. That will be a huge start. A known Cheap upgrade on the express is to gut the stock pipe. Most scooters don't like that being done but the express seems to like it. Mmeadows is right open the exhaust port and try a pipe or gutting the stock one is the place to start. Make sure that you wash the cylinder super well with tons of dish soap, dry it quickly and oil it after any work being done to it. You don't want the dust and shavings messing up the cylinder. Brake clean is not enough to do it properly. Cut a new base gasket and soak it in 2stroke oil and grease it up so the cylinder can be taken on and off with out having to replace the gasket every time.

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock