CH80 only 30 mph?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Re: CH80 only 30 mph?

Post by wikked_spree57 »

You should only have to remove the top valve cover to do so. It has like 4 8mm bolts in it, pull it off then follow the instructions in the manual. A feeler gauge isn't a bad idea for doing so. Otherwise it's really easy to do. Did you try adding the stock air cleaner yet? I do know 125's and 150s run without em but only with about half power and at least a 15mph decrease in speed. The engine can run hot if you keep running it without an air cleaner, it will roast out the rings and make it burn oil, and eventually smear the piston. Being 4 stroke this will take quite a while but it's pretty damaging to the motor.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
wood10214
Spree
Spree

Re: CH80 only 30 mph?

Post by wood10214 »

wikked_spree57 wrote:Did you try adding the stock air cleaner yet? I do know 125's and 150s run without em but only with about half power and at least a 15mph decrease in speed.
Yes, I got the OEM air filter in there.
how about the exhaust? do you think if the exhaust will effect the top speed if it clunk up?
how to inspect the exhaust?
I don't think I have time for this weekend now, another CH150 is in my garage now, this one look much cooler, with digital dash, pop up head light :thumbwink:
I don't mod my scooters to go Fast, just want to keep it running!

87 Elite SE50
86 Elite CH150
98 Yamaha Zuma 50cc