what is that sqeal sound??

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

toofast34
Noob
Noob

Re: what is that sqeal sound??

Post by toofast34 »

The sqeal has gone away.I checked the flywheel key and it's there.maybe it is the belt.I measured it and I'm still with in specs. by 1mm.
Lmb1
Noob
Noob

Post by Lmb1 »

toofast34 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm The sqeal has gone away.I checked the flywheel key and it's there.maybe it is the belt.I measured it and I'm still with in specs. by 1mm.

I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering what caused the squealing and how did you get rid of the squealing noise?

Thanks

Larry
motormike

Post by motormike »

Lmb1 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 am
toofast34 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:20 pm The sqeal has gone away.I checked the flywheel key and it's there.maybe it is the belt.I measured it and I'm still with in specs. by 1mm.

I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering what caused the squealing and how did you get rid of the squealing noise?

Thanks

Larry
We will likely never know what the issue was from this OP since every poster in this thread is no longer on the site except for Wheelman and mousewheels. I suspect it was the belt squealing all along.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Lmb1
Noob
Noob

Post by Lmb1 »

motormike wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:47 am
Lmb1 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:40 am

Thanks

Larry
We will likely never know what the issue was from this OP since every poster in this thread is no longer on the site except for Wheelman and mousewheels. I suspect it was the belt squealing all along.

That’s disappointing.
Mine is making the same described noise.
The sound is definitely coming from around the flywheel
The sound only appears once it warms up and slightly changes in frequency and loudness with varying engine rpms.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I recommend you re-read the suggestions. It's going to require some disassembly to identify. I find it easier to pull the engine from the frame and work on a bench where you're not squatting and cussing to get at fasteners. "Whatever's rubbing will leave a mark..." seems like the best advice, but you're going to have to take things apart to see. FYI, one of my Mystery Sounds turned out to be the Metal cooling shroud on a variated AF05. A bolt was loose. More of a Buzz than a Squeal but it sure was annoying until discovered.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH