honda dio prob

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

MIkex24
BMX
BMX

honda dio prob

Post by MIkex24 »

hi ... i just put a new pipe(tehnigas) on my dio and it is goes fine until the 40kmh to 55kmh the bike is goes very low revv like bogging and then start to revv again on 55kmh.. my bike is stock. i have only a 95 jet and a malossi kevlar belt... i am very sad... please help... what happen?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: honda dio prob

Post by Bear45-70 »

Sounds like the pipe leaned you out in the mid-range. Try raising the needle up one notch. That is lower the clip down on notch on the needle.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

Isn't the T-gas pipe a VERY high RPM (like 9500+) stroker pipe? :?
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Probably gotta upjet too
When it bogged out, was it popping? Mine was doing that when it was super lean
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

808BMW wrote:Probably gotta upjet too
When it bogged out, was it popping? Mine was doing that when it was super lean
He's running a 95 now. It was probably originally a 78 or 80. That's pretty rich already, unless he's put on a bbk, but he sez he's stock. I wouldn't change jet without chopping, might even go back down.

Sounds like you got too much exhaust for the stock bore. 2 strokers need some resistance. Exhaust mods should be restricted to bbk.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

i agree with elite, a stroker pipe will not work on a stock engine, the stock pipe works fine up to 72cc, try changing the gear ratio.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

T-gas makes several pipes for the DIO, it would help if we knew which one you had.

The problem you're having is you have a lean spot which is causing that bog. I have a feeling the problem cannot be corrected using a stock carb. If you are trying to use this pipe on a normal 50cc engine, that's not good to begin with.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
MIkex24
BMX
BMX

Post by MIkex24 »

my t-gas is the next R.. also i have jetted my stock carb with 95main jet...
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

I've heard numerous gurus in this forum refer to the 2 stroker as an air pump. If that is correct, it doesn't matter what you do to the carb, the exhaust must match the air pump. Makes sense to me that too much restriction is better than not enough restriction, and best exhaust for a stock bore is the original or near original replacement, not a racing pipe.

Arnadanoob, am I right on this?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Lunytune wrote:I've heard numerous gurus in this forum refer to the 2 stroker as an air pump. If that is correct, it doesn't matter what you do to the carb, the exhaust must match the air pump. Makes sense to me that too much restriction is better than not enough restriction, and best exhaust for a stock bore is the original or near original replacement, not a racing pipe.

Arnadanoob, am I right on this?
All air breathing engines are air pumps, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, diesel, rotary and jets. With 2 strokes the exhaust scavenging is more critical than with other types of engines because of all events, "intake, compression, power and exhaust happening in only 360┬░ crankshaft rotation", all these events have less time to complete their function, especially exhaust. I agree with the stock pipe for stock motor, since both were deigned to function together. However I dis agree with the thought of "Makes sense to me that too much restriction is better than not enough restriction,". Too much is as bad as not enough.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

With 2 strokes, there really is no too much/too little, as they will both just not work.

The pipe is such an integral part of the whole equation that if it is wrong, you'll just bang your head against the wall.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
MIkex24
BMX
BMX

Post by MIkex24 »

i change my clutch and install a stock of the honda dio zx... the plates it is bigger but it is also stock... change my rollers . i mix 3x6 and 3x7 and now the bike it goes better.. the only prob is that when i take off i must push it with my foot about 10meters and until goes to 15kmh... i am very confused.. how to fix my bike?
MIkex24
BMX
BMX

Post by MIkex24 »

anyone help me?????
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

First the engine needs to be re-tuned to the pipe. Make sure your jetting is up to the increased RPM - where the power is hiding - before anything else. 95 sounds big but the only way to tell is to check temps/plug color after a reasonably long ride - which is hard to do right now, I know.

Next, your variator rollers need to be even lighter. However that is causing a second problem: Your clutch may be engaging too soon, and the engine burbles along fighting the clutch as you get going, Flintstone-style. Once its RPM reaches the lower slope of the torque curve, off you go. +1500 grab springs or increase the tension in your clutch, if adjustable. Then try all 6g weights and watch for RPMs at least 7000 in the midrange.

Finally the ZX pulley needs additional mods in order to tune it. The Malossi belt is probably too narrow and short, so you're starting in "second gear." Return to stock rear transmission pulleys - with clutch adjusted as above - and test. If you really want to try to tune to the ZX, You will need to shim out your front pulley 1.5mm and get a longer, wider belt. I have such a belt - Polini Kevlar - I can sell. A lot of this is trial-and-error. We've all made some errors. :)

Good luck! Go back and re-read the first line or you may seize your engine.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
MIkex24
BMX
BMX

Post by MIkex24 »

it is really hard to understand your help.... what to change now on my bike...? if i need a belt? what belt to use ... number(code) of the belt??? how i shim out my front pulley?