High-5 for elite sa50...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

toboggan
Elite
Elite

High-5 for elite sa50...

Post by toboggan »

Well, yesterday my friend layed down my scoot... AGAIN! motherf#$%^#

And my front wheel is bent, so i took it off, thinking it was the axle that was bent, but nope, straight as an arrow.

What else could be bent?

Thanks guys!

~toboggan
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Re: High-5 for elite sa50...

Post by scooterwerx »

the wheel itself can bend, its pretty thin stamped sheet metal. i would probably not let this clown ride anything of mine, ever.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

ha, noone, except me, or anyone on here(if we ever do a ride) is going to ride my elite again!!

So you think it's just the wheel?

It couldn't be the forks? I'll check the wheel when i get home!!
Thanks scooterwerx!
carp
Spree
Spree

Post by carp »

I'd hit that idiot up for the cost of repairing the scooter.The wheel is $25 - $50 used ,the plastic parts (depending on what is messed up) $25 -$100 used.And yours was in good shape ,might be hard to find good clean parts.You truly should tell him he has to pay up.Say you borrowed a car then bent a wheel and dented a fender 4 wheeling in it.The owner would expect you to pay.If he doesn't do right by you ,hes no friend.He did it twice because you did not hold him responsible for his action the first time.This also shows how little he values your friendship,friends are supposed to look out for each other not try to destroy each others belongings.I mean he screwed it up once(guess he thought he didn't do enough damage),showing no remorse (or concern/respect) he walks all over you and goes and does it again.I'm starting to ramble.Time for my "meds",I'm starting to boil over again.Carp
'98 sa50(thanks evailone),'95 sa 50,'86 spree(thanks wikked_spree57) ,'82 nu,'81 puch,'80 nc,(2)'78nc
'78 ranchero,'77 pinto wagon,'64 t bird,'48 ford tudor,'31 ford furdor
and they all need lots of love !!!
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Ha, he said he'd pay, i just have to figure what exactly is wrong with it, and how much.

And this isn't the same friend that crashed it the first time, i just used the term "friend" in general.

Thanks again carp!!
carp
Spree
Spree

Post by carp »

I got you.I just went off.Back when i was younger,15-16(close to the beginning of time) i had a couple of "friends" that showed that kind of lack of respect.Decided to not put up with that ever again and cut them lose.Made better friends that are still my friends.Good luck.Carp....ps..at least i didn't ask for his address, so I could go kick him in the shins.
'98 sa50(thanks evailone),'95 sa 50,'86 spree(thanks wikked_spree57) ,'82 nu,'81 puch,'80 nc,(2)'78nc
'78 ranchero,'77 pinto wagon,'64 t bird,'48 ford tudor,'31 ford furdor
and they all need lots of love !!!
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

haha. you like to kick people in the shins, (DAC's i think stolen aero thread) haha

But i really trust my friend, he's my closest friend, and i know he'd pay up!
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

SO i went home and built a truing stand, my rims bent.

Now looking for a rim for 2 2000 Elite S, SA50p

Anyone have one? lol
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I'm the one with the stolen Aero... * suckers. Carp did offer to kick them in the shin, though I prefer the forhead much over. I don't let my friends ride my scooters unless they own one and know what they're dealing with. My best friend Preston rides mine when they run because every time he's over we use his Elite 150 for beer runs.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Sometimes you just have to count the cost of friendship. My youngest son brought his girlfriend home from college. My wife, the scooter evangelist, coaxed her into riding the "E". Scared, nervous... my wife didn't see it, but she lost it in a grassy bar ditch. Came back crying, traumatic. I didn't notice the damage to the plastic until a couple of days later. Repairable, yes... I chalk it off to the price I pay for hopeful future daughter in law. Scooters can be fixed. Relationships require sacrifice and effort.

Now the rest of the story. She got over her trauma, got back on the next day, and I think we converted her. She'll ride again.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes