carb(float) help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jeffhardyrules
BMX
BMX

carb(float) help

Post by jeffhardyrules »

i took my carb apart, cleaned it, put it back together and started my 'ped and it started pouring gas, so knowing the float was set up wrong i took it apart again just to find out I have no clue how to make keep the float stay in the spot where i want it to be at. So when I put the carb back together the float is too far open causing gas to still go out(not much just enough to cover the tip of my finger). If I get it set up correctly it will only open/fall when I go to put the carb back on and putting it in place. Just to make it easier I have the pin, needle, and the screw to hold the float in place. When I connect everything the float still is able to move.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Make sure your float valve is in the correct way and not upside down. Is your carb gasket in good shape?
jeffhardyrules
BMX
BMX

Post by jeffhardyrules »

the float valve is in correctly. I have no clue on what a carb gasket is.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

You gotta be kidding me. When you take the carb apart and you have two sections upper and lower. Are you telling me there isn't a gasket in between the two halves? If there isn't thats your problem.
jeffhardyrules
BMX
BMX

Post by jeffhardyrules »

Is the gasket a piece that is about an inch long and curves with two little holes on each end? If so I have that piece somewhere. Sorry about the dumb question.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Its a gasket. It goes all along the edge of the carb. When the two halves of carb are put back together it forms a seal to prevent gas from leaking out of your carb.
jeffhardyrules
BMX
BMX

Post by jeffhardyrules »

I will put the gasket on. I finally got the float set up good yesterday and gas doesn't leak out of the overflow. Hopefully I can set the float up correctly again. Thanks hondaman
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

hondaman wrote:Its a gasket. It goes all along the edge of the carb. When the two halves of carb are put back together it forms a seal to prevent gas from leaking out of your carb.
You have the patience of God.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
jeffhardyrules
BMX
BMX

Post by jeffhardyrules »

I am a freaking idiot. The piece I was talking about goes by the bystarter and throttle line. Sorry, I am thinking of just selling the stupid thing.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

And on the seventh day God rested. Looks like the end to this post.