Scooter noob

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dewey
Noob
Noob

Scooter noob

Post by Dewey »

Hi all. I have a pair of Elite E's an 88 (pink) and a 89(black). They both have clutch issues but the problems are polar oposite of each other. One slips real bad and only does 25 mph and the other grabs so much that it kills the motor when you stop but does 30 mph. I took the pink one apart tonight (the one that slips) and found that the clutch only has 2 shoes in it. The shoes have about .100 inch of pad left on them and the clutch cover has a lot of grooves worn in it. If I have the inside machined a little bit to clean up the grooves will it help the pads grip a little better? What should I do to the other one? Stiffer springs maybe? Any help will be apreciated, Thanx Dew
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

my advice is to just buy a couple decent clutches. for the ammount of money, aggrivation, and time, it would be easier just to get some good used ones.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

For the clutch that grabs, its a bad center spring so swap it out with the one that slips, you should have 3 clutch pads unless its a polini or malossi racing clutch that have 2 pads, honda sells clutch pads. Other things to check are weights for flat spots, worn belt, worn guide ramps, pins in the s- groove on the final drive pulley.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!