is my ignition worn out

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

trains420
Spree
Spree

is my ignition worn out

Post by trains420 »

So, well, i heard you can tell by SIGHT, if you look at your spark plug ignition coil is worn, by looking at the spark plug. now i can't really tell, don't know how to check so much. So i thought if any of you knew how to tell, better than me, you could tell me something about my ignition coil. here's a couple of pictures of it, and one old. this spark plug was just took out and has about 1200 miles on it i think. i ran for about 500 of the last miles, an aftermarket pipe, and upjetted the carburetor, and put a hole in the airbox.
tell me to find that information where it said about how to check if your ignitino is running good by looking at the spark plug, i don't know how to find it. i can't remember if it was here, but i think it was. i was just thinking, if you knew how to check my spark plug and tell me, then.
i heard it was something about an arc around the spark plug, would be burnt in.
thanks.
Attachments
side with no flash
side with no flash
Picture 064.jpg (140.46 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
far away flash
far away flash
Picture 066.jpg (119.56 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
old picture
old picture
Picture 064.jpg (66.13 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: is my ignition worn out

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

That looks alot on the lean side.
trains420
Spree
Spree

Re: is my ignition worn out

Post by trains420 »

can you tell anything about the ignition though. i can't even really remember hjow it went except for maybe a circle. but it's supposed to be light.
yea that's with 95 main jet and an extra half a hole in the airbox, and the restriction cut out on a 94-01 elite sr. i put in a 8 plug, and chopped. but it shows the same. and i've got 102-103 psi, compression check. and i lose power going up hills.
and the toher morning, instead of taking off, my scooter shot out smoke for a bit, before it'd even go. and just wouldn't go at all.
see i done all this stuff to my scooter, and it didn't have any take off. it done it before, and i changed clutch grab springs to 1000rpm. then i had good take off. then i got my main jet's in and my muffler i got i could finally put on. then it couldn't take off again. everything else seemed fine. i did have a fuel petcock that the vacuum didn't work no more, but it just never shut off. which didn't flood it. smelled when it was parked inside.
well, then it had trouble taking off again, and i thought, i'd put the 2000rpm clutch grab springs in. then it was fine. then 2 days later, it wasn't taking off good again. i don't know why. but then it also had problems pulling up hills. but i had a fuel line too long and new fuel filter i put on problem. i solved it, but my hill pulling still seemed worse. the i found out about my fuel petcock, and fixed it. well, the gasket was broke, and once i got a new one, it filled the fuel filter.

so, trying to find out my hill pulling, and take off problems. and since it wasn't able to take off with 2000rpm springs good, i have had harder time starting it. used to just touch the starter, now i have to give it some gas, and keep it revved sometimes. it's just sometimes, it doesn't take off good, and has a hard time idling. start up just seems a little worse.