SPREE HAS SKITZO IDLE

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

SPREE HAS SKITZO IDLE

Post by KillinSpree »

WHEN I GO TO START MY SPREE IT IDLES LOW LIKE NORMAL. THEN WHEN I GO TO GIVE IT GAS AND LET OFF THE IDLE STAYS HIGH FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS THEN IT GOES DOWN. CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. THANKS
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Sounds like your throttle cable is binding up. You'll want to check that out, you don't want it to get stuck at WOT.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

spree

Post by KillinSpree »

It came pretty close to that almost. I had it up on the kickstand and gave it full throttle cause we were messin with the jetting to get the best performance and it just keep getting faster and faster when i wasnt even hitting the throttle. I might have to gake the throttle cable off and my carberator off and clean them and inspect them.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

If you put the throttle slide in backwards thats what will happen, line it up with the groove inside the carb and have 1/8 play in the throttle, also check for vaccuum leaks.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
ryanmcfinney
Goped
Goped

Post by ryanmcfinney »

I found that out the hard way, if you have it placed right it will just about drop freely past the rim.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

noiseguy wrote:Sounds like your throttle cable is binding up. You'll want to check that out, you don't want it to get stuck at WOT.
werd, its pretty dangerous. Something similar happened to me one time. My carb came loose off the bolts and was letting extra air making me run WOT while I wasnt even pulling the throttle! 8O It didn't help that it did this as I was taking a turn..
projects galore :nerd:
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

Mine did that once I bought it. I got it running (battery ded) and then all of a sudden it just starts to throttle up and not stop. I even tried to kill it by using the kill switch and turning off the key. It didnt stop for a while. I found out that it had something to do with the bystarter cause it was dead.