Average stock speed for a spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Mike
Spree
Spree

Average stock speed for a spree

Post by Mike »

mine goes about 24mph without an airfilter temporarily...is this about right?
scootngo
Noob
Noob

Post by scootngo »

Sounds a tad low. I've read 30mph for non-Iowa model.

Mine tops out at about 28mph indicated.
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

well do you think having a rag as an air filter would make that bid of a difference?
Streetglow
Goped
Goped

Post by Streetglow »

mine does 35mph on straight level ground.. 40 with a tailwind! totally stock
86 Spree (w/neon)
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

wow, well i pretty sure i need new compression rings so that could be a possibility too.IM JEAULOUS NOW! hahah
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i can wip all of ur asses lol with the elite. beside the guys whith the d*** dios.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
JF
BMX
BMX

Post by JF »

Not to be rude, but a rag defiantly wouldn't be my first option for an air cleaner. If the filter/air box somehow gets really screwed up while I'm out driving and I'm about to go through a freak sand storm, then yea I might consider it(more like consider pushing the bike :lol: ) Is there something wrong with the air box or the air filter foam? If so, then you might want to consider getting an after-market air cleaner. But if the box and the foam are in good shape, then you should clean/re-oil the filter, and reconnect the air box tube to the carb. That way, it'll be easier to find out why your spree isn't up to speed. Let us know your observations.

JF
1978 Puch Free Spirit, a 1980 Honda NC50, a 1985 Honda Spree, and a 2005 Yamaha Zuma. Gotta love two-stroke power...:)
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

o i know, no offence taken, i only have the rag because i am waiting on my stock filter from the dealership. today is the fifth business day so i should be getting it :wink:
86elitespree
Noob
Noob

Post by 86elitespree »

Down hill? 33mph but level riding? LOL lets just say i am just happy its moving forward.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

darat wrote:i can wip all of ur asses lol with the elite. beside the guys whith the d... dios.
ahem ahem. all of us ay?

even this here 90cc vento? 8) Cruise speed of 50-53mph, top 58mph. :D Mainly tuned and ported for torque.

As far as the spree, 25mph is about right w/ a slight incline. Should go about 30mph on a flat and 35mph is the sweet spot down a hill.
projects galore :nerd:
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

ok lets put this in my words any thing that is over 50cc
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Mike
Spree
Spree

AHH!

Post by Mike »

okay, i just put in the new air filter... but now when i give it gas it bogs out... i adjusted the idle speed screw to the point just before the wheel starts to spin. i have the oil/fuel mixture screw at about 1 7/8, so i dont know whats wrong...does it need more air flow? i am stumped.... because it ran fine with the rag over the carb with a hole in it...HELP A "BROTHER" OUT! hahah
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: AHH!

Post by burnt_toast »

Mike wrote:okay, i just put in the new air filter... but now when i give it gas it bogs out... i adjusted the idle speed screw to the point just before the wheel starts to spin. i have the oil/fuel mixture screw at about 1 7/8, so i dont know whats wrong...does it need more air flow? i am stumped.... because it ran fine with the rag over the carb with a hole in it...HELP A "BROTHER" OUT! hahah
make sure that the airbox isnt letting air get in anywhere else besides the intake tract. Usually the pegs holding it on tend to break, easy fix is to just duct tape all around till the holes are covered.

It's bogging out due to too much air, aka vacuuming. Check airbox and close up as necessary and you should be good to go! :)
projects galore :nerd: