Carb/Bystarter question (84 Gyro)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

curtis
BMX
BMX

Carb/Bystarter question (84 Gyro)

Post by curtis »

I just replaced thr piston rings on my gyro. Also installed new bystarter, and cleaned carb. After scooter sitting for 5 years it fired right up. It idled a first, but after running for a while it will no longer idle. Next does the bystarter use a o-ring or gasket above or below the c-clip that screws to the carb holding the bystarter in place? I cant remember since it was a month ago when remover. I know the bystarter has o-rings around the body but sealing it to the carb I cant remember. The manual mshows a r-ring or gasket, but cant make out if it ios the one on the body. I have a small o-ring left in box of stuff, but not sure if it came from when I removed the orignal bystarter. Also I was running with no filter for the fuel at all. Is it possible I got dirt in the carb keeping it from idleing?
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Carb/Bystarter question (84 Gyro)

Post by mousewheels »

There is an o-ring to seal the bystarter to the carb body. Should be as located on the photo. The clamp for the Gyro goes in the lower slot. Upper is for the Spree/SB50 carbs.
Bystater_Clamp.JPG
Bystater_Clamp.JPG (31.14 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
If your scooter idles ok when cold, then after a few minutes wants to die running too lean, often times it is a clogged pilot jet or air passages for that circuit.