Clutch outer condition.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Clutch outer condition.

Post by Kikwear »

On the inside of my clutch outer, where the shoes engage, it is almost a mirror finish. It is very slick. Is it supposed to be this way? Seems to me that the shoes would slip on this surface and not hold. What to do? Leave it polished or rough it up?

]Image
Last edited by Kikwear on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JF
BMX
BMX

Post by JF »

I believe the "mirror" finish is common on the clutch bells for sprees as mine is like that as well. The most I did to it was clean it really good with some brake cleaner and a clean rag. I would also recommend cleaning the clutch shoes with some brake cleaner as well, so as to not have any residue on them that could reduce performance. If one of the shoes has an unusually slick spot on it, then you can do what I did and carefully rough it up with either some sand paper or lightly roughen the spot with a wire brush on a Dremmel. Careful while doing this; you only want to take off just enough material to roughen it up a bit.

As for the picture, it seems that you copied and pasted the link for just the site itself. All you have to do to get the pic on here is you first find the image on your computer. Then you click on "post it", which after a few seconds will take you to a page with a bunch of links on it and a small thumbnail of your image you just uploaded. And lastly, you copy the link next to "direct link to image", and paste it somewhere in your reply. That should work, and if it doesn't, then we'll go from there.

Good luck,
JF
1978 Puch Free Spirit, a 1980 Honda NC50, a 1985 Honda Spree, and a 2005 Yamaha Zuma. Gotta love two-stroke power...:)
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Figured out how to make the picture work.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

i just got a new one at 4000miles
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Expensive? Is this one no good?