1987 Elite SE50P De-restricted, now what?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Roaster
BMX
BMX

1987 Elite SE50P De-restricted, now what?

Post by Roaster »

Hey guys I've been creeping around here for sometime now and finally was able to register, so first of all THANK YOU! every single post, thread, and response on this board has helped me in one way or another.

SOOO getting on with it. I bought an 87 Elite SE50p off CL and got a new SE50 pipe/muffler, took of the restricter plate from the vari and am waiting on the Kelli variator, SE50 Ramp plate, and clutch springs.

So I know Ive done everything i can do as of now.

So my question is... do i need to 1) change the oil pump, 2)move up to an 85 jet rather than the current stock 82, or 3) pre-mix? or really anything along those lines? Also I was told the size of the main jet can vary from engine to engine, is this true?

I had read at some point, not sure where cause i cant find it now, that there is a split on the oil line on the SE50 engine thats not split on SE50P or something like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice and answers you can provide me.
-Kyle

p.s. One of the owners before me has removed the speedo cable. Is there a cheap replacement for this or do I need to just get the SE50 specific cable?
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 1987 Elite SE50P De-restricted, now what?

Post by eliteguy50 »

Roaster wrote:Hey guys I've been creeping around here for sometime now and finally was able to register, so first of all THANK YOU! every single post, thread, and response on this board has helped me in one way or another.

SOOO getting on with it. I bought an 87 Elite SE50p off CL and got a new SE50 pipe/muffler, took of the restricter plate from the vari and am waiting on the Kelli variator, SE50 Ramp plate, and clutch springs.

So I know Ive done everything i can do as of now.

So my question is... do i need to 1) change the oil pump, 2)move up to an 85 jet rather than the current stock 82, or 3) pre-mix? or really anything along those lines? Also I was told the size of the main jet can vary from engine to engine, is this true?

I had read at some point, not sure where cause i cant find it now, that there is a split on the oil line on the SE50 engine thats not split on SE50P or something like that.

Thanks in advance for any advice and answers you can provide me.
-Kyle

p.s. One of the owners before me has removed the speedo cable. Is there a cheap replacement for this or do I need to just get the SE50 specific cable?
Oil pump is the same on both models.
Pre-mis, no. Bumping up a jet size is usually a good idea. Check your plug to confirm. Yes, a main jet can vary engine to engine but if this is just a daily rider or joy rider, you will be fine with what Honda specs.
I don't know what you are talking about with the split oil line. Some models (af16 engines) run a split throttle cable or a single cable depending on the model but both the se50 and se50p use the same split throttle cable.
The speedo cable can be had from your local Honda dealer for about $12
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Roaster
BMX
BMX

Re: 1987 Elite SE50P De-restricted, now what?

Post by Roaster »

Great Thank you!