how to change piston rings

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

well iu dont have plans to fix it yet. too expensive too just get it running. nevermind the rest of the sorry exuses of a honda. i literaly am missing half the spree. so im just gonna get this Tank for now and eventualy get back to the spree
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

Has anyone succesfully done the 43mm bore? What displacement would that get me? Is there enough material there to bore it that big?

The guy quoted me 60 bucks for an hour labor which is probably a little on the high side but hey, at least he's willing to do it.

Nobody makes a 42mm piston, do they? So its 43mm or I buy a new cyclinder?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

dude... DONT GET THE TANK! ITS MORE HEADACE THEN ITS WORTH!!!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

jbarb wrote:Has anyone succesfully done the 43mm bore? What displacement would that get me? Is there enough material there to bore it that big?

The guy quoted me 60 bucks for an hour labor which is probably a little on the high side but hey, at least he's willing to do it.

Nobody makes a 42mm piston, do they? So its 43mm or I buy a new cyclinder?
JCC makes a 43mm piston, but not a 42. I've got two of them, but haven't found a shop to do the bore. $60 is on the high side (I've heard $40 is more ballpark for the job), but just finding a shop that will deal with these at all is a PIA. Make sure you have the piston in hand for the guy to fit, and that Maddog can get another one.

43mm bumps you from 49cc to 55cc. 2mm over shouldn't affect much. If the machinists knows 2-strokes (or you do), you can measure the intake and exhaust ports before boring, then rematch them after bore and before honing to make sure they haven't moved, and to slightly bump up the exhaust port. I don't think 1mm material is going to move them much vertically.

You'd be the first to try this, BTW... feeling brave? Your other route is to contact Greg at uspmale@yahoo.com and see if he has a matched set piston/cylinder. Might be a cheaper route.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

my spree had a bore on it.. coutim made. till it seized so the 45 mph spree is noe the 40... for now...