OKO cable choke

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

OKO cable choke

Post by turtle13 »

Ok, so im anxiously watching the tracking number from treats so i can get my motor back up and running, and i started thinking about the choke on the 19mm blk blk. Being that i want to keep the aero panels i figure i am going to need a cable choke. But i cant find any oko choke conversion setups. Will dellorto or mikuni cable set ups work, or am i going to have to get creative?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: OKO cable choke

Post by Bear45-70 »

I saw one on flea-bay about a year ago but I wasn't interested at the time. I have a manual choke cable for the Keihin carb on my Aero 125 coming from the UK. I will be curious see how it works. I would check with my local scooter shop that handles OKO carb for a cable.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

so after the entire night being spent on trying to find an adapter kit, i think i found one. And the best part is that i dont have to ship it from japan or europe! since the OKO is simply a PWK clone this setup should work in theory (of course that doesnt always work out in practice), and if it doesnt the kit was only 8 bucks wasted. the remote lever should work no matter what kit i use.
-the adapter-
http://www.drowsports.com/product/439/E ... e_Adaptor_
-the cable operated lever-
http://www.drowsports.com/product/359/E ... oke_Cable_
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

Turns out that any one who wants a remote choke with the OKO can use the above kit. Fits perfect, spring is just alot stiffer than the original. Only problem is with the choke cable, there is a little to much excess cable, so it looks like i will be either fabing a 90 degree adjuster to take up the slack or putting a new knarp on the end at the appropriate length.
'62 125cc Honda cub