New to the NQ50

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

KrazyEyesKilla!
Noob
Noob

New to the NQ50

Post by KrazyEyesKilla! »

I just bought a '84 nifty fifty from a neighbor of mine. It was running decent the first few days and then just yesterday I got it up to 30 mph and usually it stays just over 25 mph. But I was just riding it around my condos and ate the pavement pretty hard. Now it accelerates poorly and wont go over 20 mph. Any ideas? Sorry guys I'm just learning about these things I plan on putting a few hundred dollars into it next spring. I want to learn the ins and outs of the motor first. I've never worked on cars or engines I have built my own computer though so I am good with my hands. The guy I bought it from has TONS of tools so he can help me do most repairs. I'm planning on fixing up all the plastic and painting it lime green with some sort of accents. Then totally re-building the engine and getting a new seat cover, brighter light, and all the other little goodies. In an hour or two I will post a picture up of it. The NQ50s are SWEET!
spewya
Spree
Spree

Re: New to the NQ50

Post by spewya »

the first thing you are gona want to do is buy or download the manual..you can buy it on ebay and download it on this sight

some lime green ground effects will go good with it if you paint it that color

ride on :coolcruise:
spree parts for sale

still learning alot ..thanks to all on this fourm

if you have a good spree jug ..pm me if you want to sell it
johnkiniston
BMX
BMX

Post by johnkiniston »

I'd look and make sure that your airbox didn't break or come off the carburetor, If your intake isn't right you'll loose power.
spewya
Spree
Spree

Post by spewya »

good tip

if your exaust is verry clogged you can loose power also
spree parts for sale

still learning alot ..thanks to all on this fourm

if you have a good spree jug ..pm me if you want to sell it