Spree to Dio fork conversion

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ChrisH
Noob
Noob

Spree to Dio fork conversion

Post by ChrisH »

All, I understand that this is a swap that is not often done. I'd like to figure out what ill need to buy to make this work. I have a Spree, dio forks, break adapter, Brembo caliper, rotor,braided line, and I have a master cylinder/lever.

I believe to get this swap going I'll need a new tree such as the one opfound at rucksters:

http://www.rucksters.com/product/produc ... uctid=6017

The above tree is custom made for the Ruckus, specifically to lower a ruckus. I'm assuiming that this tree is similar enough to a dio tree that it would work. No?

The process, as I see it in my head anyway, is that id need to chop off x amount from each tree and then weld the left overs together to make a whole working triple.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
1986 Spree - Stripped and lonely
1988 elite converted to 94+
Dio ZX frame - Build soon
2005 Ruckus - 187cc GY6 and lots more
2010 Ducati Monster - mostly stock
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree to Dio fork conversion

Post by Mystic »

that tree is way expensive to be cutting up :P you can find a dio zx triple pretty easy on yahoo japan auctions. If you look hard enough you can find the entire thing. wheel forks, tree, and master cylinder etc once you have the tree you basically cut the stem off in the same spot on both the dio and spree forks and weld the spree stem onto the dio tree, as i havent done this particular swap i dont know how the plastics will fit. search yahoo japan auction for the dio zx stem it has the disk brake not sure which other models have the disk. type in af35 in the search i think thats hte number of the dio zx live
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
ChrisH
Noob
Noob

Post by ChrisH »

Hrm. I have an AF34 sitting in my garage next to the Spree right now. I'm supposed to sell it back to the guy that sold it to me, but I wonder if I can work out a deal to keep the tree?,
1986 Spree - Stripped and lonely
1988 elite converted to 94+
Dio ZX frame - Build soon
2005 Ruckus - 187cc GY6 and lots more
2010 Ducati Monster - mostly stock
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

ChrisH wrote:Hrm. I have an AF34 sitting in my garage next to the Spree right now. I'm supposed to sell it back to the guy that sold it to me, but I wonder if I can work out a deal to keep the tree?,
Chris,

That tree on the af34 is too narrow for disc brakes. I can get you a spare live dio tree with the proper spacing (have one sitting in the closet).
Munstah666
Goped
Goped

Post by Munstah666 »

Hey Mr. Sanj you don't happen to have a bare af34/35 bare frame in your garage eh? Lmk, thanks!
µùѵ£¼Òü«Òé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝Òâ×Òâ│
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Munstah666 wrote:Hey Mr. Sanj you don't happen to have a bare af34/35 bare frame in your garage eh? Lmk, thanks!
Hehe, I wish:-)