* Spree Problems

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

well it will run with 90psi b/c my elite only had 50psi and it ran like s*** but it ran..
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

for a spree...the manual say 114psi is min before u should get it checked.
Zuph
Noob
Noob

Post by Zuph »

You're also supposed to check compression when the engine is warm (according to the manual on my compression tester), which is obviously impossible since the thing won't really run. The first spree is 98psi cold, 115 warm.

Compression isn't the reason it won't start.
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

i had a similar problem after cleaning out my carb. It would only start and run with a little starter fluid, but die after it ran out... i did it a hundred times and started to give up. I figured out though, that the carb has to fill up a little with some gas before it will go. I only have a kickstart, so i kicked it over like a hundred times before there was enough gas to start. I fixed this the next time i cleaned the carb, by using a vacuum pump (had lying around, you could use your mouth to suck :shock: ) on the vacuum tube with the gas line attatched to carb until a little gas comes out the overflow tube. the re-attatch vacuum line and try again. might not be your problem but it was mine.
DENMANSHAFFER
Goped
Goped

AIR FROM TRANSMISSION CASE

Post by DENMANSHAFFER »

AIR CAN EASILY GET INTO THE TRANSMISSION CASE IF THE CRANKSHAFT SEAL ON THE STARTER SIDE IS BAD. YOU ALSO COULD HAVE A CRACKED OR BROKEN CRANKCASE WHICH WOULD ALLOW FUEL/AIR FROM THE CRANKCASE TO ESCAPE THRU THE WALL. I HAVE SEEN THIS AROUND THE CRANKSHAFT BEARINGS ON A YAMAHA DIRT BIKE I ONCE OWNED.
DENMANSHAFFER
Goped
Goped

COMPRESSION RATIO

Post by DENMANSHAFFER »

BOTH MY 86 SPREES RUN GREAT AND HAVE 90 PSI COMPRESSION.