what's the harm of running a spree with no bystarter

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

what's the harm of running a spree with no bystarter

Post by stankyoleman »

what's the harm of running a spree with no bystarter on at all, just the empty port
fizzle
BMX
BMX

Post by fizzle »

do you mean blocked off port?
cause if its just open, i think that would be a serious vacuum leak, and it probably wouldn't run.
okay
well try it out and let me know
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

No bystarter w/ open hole: will not run!
No bystarter w/ plugged hole: Do not try this! I did and my scoot would NOT SHUT OFF! even with the kill switch off and key off! It also kept revving up! It only shut off by chance.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

uhhh hey if u dont know then dont talk, my spree never had a bystarter till winter all summer it went without one. ran fast and strong to start all u had to do was put ur fnger over the hole and then once its on just take ur finger off and drive.
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

wierd thing is, mine will actually start ok without one (i have a kickstart, no electric start), and a non-plugged port (completely open).

after it starts up, it idles real high, then back down alittle but still pretty high, and if i completely 100% block the hole with my thumb it dies.

reason i'm asking is because i have a bad bystarter, as in the needle is gone, and i think an o-ring might be warped possible... and i wanted to know what the best thing to do, because i don't seem to be getting as much out of the engine in terms of top end speed as i think i should.
Last edited by stankyoleman on Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

bottom line i was pretty much just trying to make sure that by not having a bystarter on my carb at all, broken or not, i wasn't damaging my engine in any way.

seems like it would only affect starting
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i was neer affected and i took my top end and cylinder of alot, so there was no piston damaga. i saw speeds of 40 mph on mine. ( cuz im coo like that )
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

Never asume that what I say may not be correct! I just explained from experience thats all. My info. was not incorrect
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Or Myspree's carb was just completely jacked up. Don't run w/o plugging the bystarter up with a pin, lots of air gaps and a fuel port there.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

nope me and my freinds were riding out sprees with no bystarters, it was fine we had no problems adn NON OF MY CARBS ARE JACKED UP! I BUILD THEM MY SELF AND I AM REALLY GOOD AT IT, I ALSO FIX CAR CARBS! SO I KNOW HOW TO FIX EM!