Parts are in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Parts are in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

Whats up guys. Pretty exciting day for me so far just got the call that my parts for my scooter build are in. I ordered a 85 main, oem gaskets, .25mm over sized piston & rings, new circlips and finally a new small end bearing. Im pretty stoked to send the cyclinder to get it bored out. Also got a uni air filter. Cant wait to get started. Any advice on anything i should know would be great :ndance:
Attachments
elite.jpg
elite.jpg (206.19 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
Wheelman-111

Re: Parts are in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I sense your excitement. However please be advised there is a ten (10) exclamation point limit per post. You have violated your Forum Agreement and are being cited with a warning. Your probation will include being docked for two (2) exclamation points omitted from any future appropriate Punctuation Opportunity.

:) Ah-Ha-Ha, I keed, I Keeed you! (Seriously, cut back on the caffeine-fueled exclamations...)

1. One common Rookie Mistake is not paying attention to the little circlips that keep the wrist pin from wandering. Check that they are completely seated in the little grooves all around. Then check again. Do it a third time. The ends of the "legs" shouldn't be in the gap where you insert your long-nose pliers, either. Avoid crushing them, or twisting so hard that you overcome the steel's natural elasticity. This results in a clip that's sort of "loose" and will fly out at the slightest provocation. This will cause an amazing Mess in your shiny new cylinder and piston. Use Just Enough force - or "Pull" actually -to coax them into place, dragging the Trailing leg of the clip in a twirl around the little circle until they pop into the groove. It's hard to describe, so if you're not sure how to handle that, get with someone who's got experience installing these and follow that advice.

2. Gasket Surfaces: Must be pristeen. Not a speck of anything to ruin the seal. One of the least fun parts of changing a top-end, particularly around the cylinder studs, but critically important. Ditto for the carb-to-manifold and manifolf-to-crankcase sealing surfaces. Even the exhaust has to fit and not leak - At All - for things to work right.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

Wait so how big is 0.25mm oversized piston? Sorry i dont know how big the stock one is.
Is it a bbk or just the piston?

And like wheelman said, make sure the wrist pin clips are in there. Witnessed one that was not placed in good, fell out, scrapped cylinder walls, and messed things up real bad. Along wih the carb to mani, mani to block seal. Another one you should worry about is base gasket leak and head leak. Ran into bad gaskets with those too. Not a fun walk back home lol keep us posted with pics!!!
NHMCRider
Noob
Noob

Post by NHMCRider »

Are you working on that thing in Manchester? I can't wait to line up against you and see what you gained.
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

awesome! thanks for sharing! keep us posted on any updates on your project!
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

sorry guys been busy working but im sending out the cyclinder this week for the boring then im gunna give it some nice cross hatches. pics will be up soon along with some before and after speeds. does anyone know where i can find an exhaust for the af05e its like looking for a needle in a haystack! only gasket i couldnt get from honda was the gasket that sits ontop of the reed cage under the intake manifold so trip to autozone for some gasket paper will do the trick.

*I havent measured the piston yet but I will once i get home ill post the specs on it
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

just finished her up yesterday parts include keli vari with 9g rollers, 1k torgue spring, 1k clutch springs, new oem clutch, new oem reeds, .25 over piston/rings. Before shed go over 40mph now stuck at 40mph. Should i put in heavier rollers to gain a higher top speed?
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Do you have stock or aftermarket gears.. Id say lighter on the weights
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

Downsouthdio wrote:Do you have stock or aftermarket gears.. Id say lighter on the weights
stock se50 gearing. Wont lighter weights give me more acceleration but less top speed?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

You changed the Contra spring to a +1000 unit. The belt isn't getting into Overdrive because the spring is now too strong for the current weights.

For the variator to reach Overdrive, you may need to increase the weights by a few grams (3-6 total) to regain the top speed. As it is, the spring keeps it from happening when your engine arrives at its best RPM. If you had a more open pipe and/or carb and/or porting, you might get the top speed from increased RPM (which would increase the centrifugal force of the current weights against the spring...) but your engine won't get there in its current state of tune, so go heavier.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Wel if you had differnt gearing id go lighter.. Stock gears you should change those man..you'd be happy with it
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

You changed the Contra spring to a +1000 unit. The belt isn't getting into Overdrive because the spring is now too strong for the current weights.

For the variator to reach Overdrive, you may need to increase the weights by a few grams (3-6 total) to regain the top speed. As it is, the spring keeps it from happening when your engine arrives at its best RPM. If you had a more open pipe and/or carb and/or porting, you might get the top speed from increased RPM (which would increase the centrifugal force of the current weights against the spring...) but your engine won't get there in its current state of tune, so go heavier.
Will do thanks a bunch man!
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

put the stock honda weights back in (there 10g) still doesnt seem like a difference. How heavy should i go or what would be good for me? I weigh 210 btw
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Your not going to get much more up top with the stock gearing.. Swap your gears and youd say man i shoulda been done that
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

i want to but i cant find them anywhere