important carb question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

important carb question

Post by stankyoleman »

ok i just saw this and it made me nervous....

on my carb everythings hooked up ok, spree runs fine i suppose.... but there seems to be an extra port sticking out the back side?

right now i have the fuel port hooked to the tank.., and that gas flood port at the bottom hooked up to a tub facing down just like normal, but there seems to be an extra one on the other side, that faces the engine.... can someone tell me what this is for??? i never noticed it even when i clean the carb regularly... which is strange...
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i have a fealing it is coming from the oil pump to the carb look on the oil pump and see if there is an empty plug on there tooo, cuz i know on my elite i have a tub going from the oil pump to the carb
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

ok that's the strange situation....

i have an 86 spree fitted with an 89 elite e sb50 engine... and i'm using the spree carb on it. i have the elite carb on my garage workbench, the wierd thing is the intakes are the biggest difference i can see so far, with the spree intake manifold having two ports for oil tube and vacuum tube, but the elite intake manifold only has one port for the vacuum tube... where does the oil go on the elite? theres a curved aluminum skinny port on the elite carb... is that for oil?

maybe you could take some pictures? that'd help me a ton
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

wait...on the back of the carb near the tranny? If so... thats the carb drain hose, it runs to where ur battery breather tube goes to (right behind the tranny (or if looking from back of scoot, to the right side)).
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

the skinny curved one is for oil, it comes from the pump to there, the bigger one near it is for gas
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

oh, k thanks
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

wait so, on an elite e the oil goes only into the carb, not the intake at all?
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

it goes from the tank, to the pump, out of the pump, into the carb... the only thing on the intake is the vacuum line for the gas.
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Interesting. Does it have a Spree manifold? I'm wondering if you have a vacuum leak, it would explain your low top speed.

I really need to get the SB manual and post it. Those things sound bizarre.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
stankyoleman
Spree
Spree

Post by stankyoleman »

yeah they are kind of wierd.... maybe in the next few days ill get around to taking some pics of my stuff...

i have the spree intake on the sb... with the spree carb, so the oil line is going into the intake....

but from what i understand, on the sb intake (which i have) the only port is for the vacuum line, and the oil line goes into the sb carb (which i also have, but am not using due to cracked choke port)

so i dunno how i could be having any kind of vacuum leak, but it does bug the heck out of me with the low top speed :-/ i took the carb apart and its soaking tonite... i'll put it back on and see if that helped any tomorrow

i wonder if the fact that im using the spree carb on the sb engine is depriving it of power? i wish i could get my hands on a working sb carb, anyone know where i could get one
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

yea that sucks
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express