headlight and dash light

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

killingspree
BMX
BMX

headlight and dash light

Post by killingspree »

they do not work, i just put a new crank shaft in my spree runs great. all the lights work fine but the head light and the bright indicator light on the dash. when i first started the spree the head light worked then died down. last night the indicator light would work, as i reved it it got brighter. today it doesnt work, i checked the buld its not blown. i went threw to find a loose conection in the dash they all seem fine. then i checked the wires that come from the altinator where they all connect they seem fine... the only thing i can think of is when i didnt the crank shaft work, there is 3 wires that go threw the case and connect to the altinator yellow, white and black/red (i think) i had to cut them and i used crimp conectors to put them back together, as goes for the other 2 wires that go into the bottom of tha case and connect to the small piece of the altinator( not sure what its called) i crimped those together too. if i had a back connection down there could that cause them not to work ?
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

the only thing i can think of is when you crimped the wires back together..how was it done? did you hook em up right(same colors?) is the ground wire grounded?
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

ahahah yeah i did it to the same wires, i think one of them might be f-ed up and didnt make a conection
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

that would be my guess. pull on the wires on the opposite ends of the connection (dont get macho with it), and if you pull one apart re-do it
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

damnit i dont want to take the altinator off again.. i taped at all the wires, so ill have to get a gear puller again to get the altinator off the spindle so i can see !!!!! stup[id headlights...is there a fuse or anything for the headlight... i dont think there is
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

im sure there is but as to where? i dont know
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

lets get myspree in here thatd dude seems to know everything
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

ha ha he thinks he knows everything but really he is still a noob..
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

well would the scooter not run at all if one of the wires from the altinator had a faulty conection ? or could it be possible that if one was not conected it would cause the lights not to work ?
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

ok i checked the connections that i cut and they are fine, it still does not work !!
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

wiring is tricky. id bet u got a bad wire somewhere. my 84 i had to run a new power wire to the dash cause it wasent getting power there.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

your regulater is blown, you need a new one. seems liek your running withougt one ( cuz its bad ) and it will work untill it blows. then the next day you will sart it and it wont work. i have no extra so you can get some from mopedman.
killingspree
BMX
BMX

Post by killingspree »

well mopedman where are you i need a regulator stat !