Dies at full throttle.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

tacomaELITE
Noob
Noob

Dies at full throttle.

Post by tacomaELITE »

Heres the story of my life. I bought my first scooter, a 87 Honda Elite E for 200$ and a gps. The owner before me bought it, fixed it and sold it. it has 1800 miles on it.

Today I was cruisin with my bro on our mopeds, and I took it off the road onto the dirt sidewalk, and when I got back onto the road it wouldnt take full throttle anymore. I can slowly creep my way up to 25, but any faster then that and it dies out. I originally could go 32mph.

My first guess is the carb, but idk since it started right after I took it off road, like if something disconnected?

I also was close to empty with regular gas, so I filled it up with premium the day before. and it was getting close to empty again when it started to bogg, so I filled it up with 2$ of premuim, still bogging.

im a idiot and wont take it off road anymore. I took it offroad yesterday too. pretty hard.

theres the story of my scooter. any help would be greatly appreciated, I need transportation!
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Re: Dies at full throttle.

Post by Videonut »

my scooter goes off road all the time..... its not the off road that is messin with ya. Check this.
1. fuel (petcock) its vaccume driven. disconnect the fuel line and the vaccume line and NO gas will come out until you create a vaccume on the vac line, if you get gas then cool.
2. REPLACE spark plug. mine went out the other day just like that i replaced it ($3) and i was off and running
3. if all that still has you down then remove carb and clean clean clean. use a small wire (gutar string) to get the jets clean.
after you done all that then come and ask for more help if needed
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
tacomaELITE
Noob
Noob

Post by tacomaELITE »

alright Ill get a new spark plug in about a hour. where do I locate the fuel line and the vaccume line? and if it doesnt leak gas then I need to create a vacuum?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Welcome. Your story sounds familiar. You can click this link http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page
to find the manual for your particular scooter, then download it and read it so you will become more educated on the subject. Hope you will find your answers here, and Happy Trails!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
tacomaELITE
Noob
Noob

Post by tacomaELITE »

I also got to mention I was super low on oil :c Did I seize the engine? is there anyway to make it run good again or did I burn it up?
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

tacomaELITE wrote:I also got to mention I was super low on oil :c Did I seize the engine? is there anyway to make it run good again or did I burn it up?
Not smart, but probably OK. What kind of oil are you using?

Check your air cleaner element for dirt or breakdown.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

running low on oil is ok. as long as you didnt run dry. the oil light will come on and you still have lots of oil (about 70 miles worth or so) OK so under the seat is a little cover, that cover is hiding a petcock (see it in the manuel?) the line that comes from the petcock on the bottom is the vaccume line the one on the top is the fuel line. if you disconnect them both then connect a hose on the vac line and suck on it (create a vaccum) then gas will pour out the fuel line. if none of this works then your petcock is bad but if it does then clean the carb again (pay attention to the litttle tiny holes going from the bowl to the throat.) hey guys if i got he lines mixed up sorry
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again