honda aero125 PLEASE HELP!!!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

vcracer
Noob
Noob

honda aero125 PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by vcracer »

i purchased a 83 honda aero 80 with a 84 aero125 motor (with only 700 miles on it)in it but it has a serious vibration issue to the point the kickstand and exhaust fell off (the metal tore the bolts didnt back out or nothin)im trying to stop the vibration but everything i try seems to have no effect any ideas?...maybe the motor mounts or the motor internals or something? also im looking for a new muffler but want something that looks and/or performs better than stock is there anything out there for me? right now its essentially an open header and loud as heck i was gonna make an expansion chamber but i dont have access to a welder or know how to go about it i have upgraded the intake with a universal electronic moped supercharger off ebay and k&n filter which gave me more speed other than that its stock besides led turn signals and break light

it vibrates untill about 40 then smooths out n acts 100% normal n it scares the crap outta me....I NEED HELP!!!! im also interested in different wheels and wondering if any companies make them but thats the least of my worries at the moment
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: honda aero125 PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by noiseguy »

Oh my God.

Pull that supercharger POS off and put the intake back to stock. Throw the K&N filter in the trash while you're at it and put in a stock element.

Then put the exhaust back to stock.

It will be fixed then, most likely.

And then quit screwing with it.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
vcracer
Noob
Noob

Post by vcracer »

the exhaust broke from it vibrating not because i messed with it or tried to make some ghetto exhaust.... and the bike didnt have an air filter on it the supercharger thing came with the filter and was cheaper than a filter by its-self so i thought id try it out.......but it had the vibration when i bought it ive replaced a few bits but nothing has helped i would like it to be a lil faster at the top end but im not that concerned about it id be satisfied if the vibration just stopped so i could enjoy riding it..... was a p.o.s. when i got it im trying to get it back rideable

tho i do plan on heavily modding it i am just trying to get it rideable first i bought this honda because everyone said it was the way to go and ive had nothing but problems with it... even tho i knew i was getting into a project i didnt think it would b this much of a headache lol....i build mini trucks and hot rods not mopeds this is a first for me never messed with a little 2 stroke of any kind
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

It's either 4-stroking or has something out of balance.

Since it smooths out at 40 I'm thinking it's 4-stroking, which is a related to fuel delivery.
Though it wouldn't hurt to pull the fan cover and belt cover, and look at the parts attached to the ends of the crankshaft for something loose or wonky.

Fix the exhaust and intake, clean the carb, and check its jetting. Until you get those parts back in place and establish a baseline back at stock, it's hard to say what's going on.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
vcracer
Noob
Noob

Post by vcracer »

i was looking online at new carbs because this 1 is kinda ghetto rigged from the guy that built it..... whats a cheaper but still effective aftermarket alternative? i got a feeling thats the problem i think the guy told me the right carb was to expensive so he made an adapter to hold the old 80 carb on it and jetted it to the max.....i think this would be a good first step ive already checked out the fam and that loooks brand new

i was looking at a 21mm naraku http://www.racingplanetusa.com/carburet ... f5632db8f9

i already removed the carb on it and soaked it in the parts cleaner...no diff
motormike

Post by motormike »

The vibration is most likely the drive belt starting to come apart.
The description of symptoms is the same way my Aero 125 acted when drive belt starting losing chunks, then snapped.
Remove the cover and inspect belt, variator/weights, clutch shoes, springs...
I would be HIGHLY concerned about the lack of a proper muffler... :surprise:
It's never going to run right with the mis-matched carb and no muffler.
It may not last very long before exploding... :oops:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
vcracer
Noob
Noob

Post by vcracer »

i stopped riding it when the muffler broke but if it was the belt would it still have the vibration at idle?
motormike

Post by motormike »

vcracer wrote:i stopped riding it when the muffler broke but if it was the belt would it still have the vibration at idle?
The short answer is YES, it is possible.
As mentioned before, all components on either end of the crankshaft could be setting up vibration.
The lack of a muffler also possible factor at setting up 4-stroking.
Report what you find inside the CVT cover.... :thumbwink:
RideRed
vcracer
Noob
Noob

Post by vcracer »

ok sounds good im out of town until sunday so i figure monday ill tear into it and have an update and some pics...maybe that will help a bit to....thanks for the input....what exactly is 4-stroking?
motormike

Post by motormike »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23924&p=213031&hili ... ng#p213031

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
.............................LINK..........................
.............................TO............................
............................FOUR..............................
..........................STROKING.........................
RideRed
vcracer
Noob
Noob

Post by vcracer »

Well i checked out the belt and its brand new everything in there looks pretty clean and fresh at this point im thinkin the problem may just be the carb....and exhaust hopefully