spree16 build question`

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kauaianman
Spree
Spree

spree16 build question`

Post by kauaianman »

attempting to put together my 1986 spree. gonna run stock af16 motor. everything almost finished (just need to relocate shock mount).

my question is what stator to run????

cut and splice AF16??

use stock spree stator??

af16 stator has 1 more coil than the stock spree, but, since i'm only using the spree factory electricals...... shouldn't matter.

what ya think?
Last edited by kauaianman on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Re: spree16 build question`

Post by Spreetard »

use the 1896 spree stator :thumbwink:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
arnada
Goped
Goped

Post by arnada »

Spreetard wrote:use the 1896 spree stator :thumbwink:
i dont mean to be rude but thats funny :lol:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

for someone who supposed to build "fast " bikes in kauai, you sure ask alot of question...... :shock:
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

tru72 wrote:for someone who supposed to build "fast " bikes in kauai, you sure ask alot of question...... :shock:
IDK where you getting your info from but i never said anything about being able to build fast bikes :? next time you talk to AL ask him about me and IF i go around saying i know everything about building mopeds. I know some people on kauai that talk a lot of crap about what they know, and that they never even know what one moped was 1 year ago, but, now when you talk to them they know all the guys and did all the builds.

all i do is try my best and try to have fun. I ask questions on here so other people can have some knowledge without feeling stupid about asking, cause, when i started reading this forum i didn't know F**** about dio motors.

BUT, i don't go around pointing out the things that i am better than you at, and, if i was better than you at something and you asked for my help i would try help not try ridicule you and tell you "i thought you was the S*** already"

sorry i not a BIG TIME builder like you, mopeds was always just a HOBBY to me.

IDK about this forum.

too much big shots that know too much and get all upset when you ask a question.

better change the forum to "KNOW BEFORE YOU ASK"

sorry for asking D.

"aloha"

or i though so....
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Never can ask too many questions when doing a build. Tru72 has forgotten more than any of us know. No one has high maka maka here. Mabey try searching first and if you cant find your answer that way then make a post
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL do you see me upset?
1 year ago? no one knew what mopeds was? So funny kauai, So it was you that educated all these people? For your information al has been with his mopeds way longer than a year easy. why so defensive? Sometimes when the truth shows it self its a tuff pill to swallow.
As for this forum and any others, the truth will always show its ugly head sooner or later.
did i say i was fast? did i say i was a big time builder?
Please keep your assumptions to your self.
Ill help anyone here with things, thats why i started to post things here years ago.
Mopeds are a hobby to me, and will always be a hobby to me.

Wassup King,
hope things are going well in your neck of the woods!
Scene there pretty big yet? Here its picking back up slowly, Im sure once i get all the guys back up and riding, we should be able to drum up more people! This year been a ugly year
again, weather has been pretty nice, late summer i guess. When I get this new beast buit ill make sure and give you a call on the scoops!
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

tru72 wrote:LOL do you see me upset?
1 year ago? no one knew what mopeds was? I said "some people".... not "no one"... :bs: don't go putting words in your mouth to make yourself sound less like a d***So funny kauai, So it was you that educated all these people? For your information al has been with his mopeds way longer than a year easy. why so defensive? Sometimes when the truth shows it self its a tuff pill to swallow.
As for this forum and any others, the truth will always show its ugly head sooner or later.
did i say i was fast? did i say i was a big time builder?
Please keep your assumptions to your self.
Ill help anyone here with things, thats why i started to post things here years ago.
Mopeds are a hobby to me, and will always be a hobby to me.

OK cheif...

i was talking about AL that didn't know anything about mopeds 1 year ago... haha.

look whos assuming stuff. you don't even know me.

you say you not one big shot builder but i know 1 thing. Al and his brother can build fast bikes "faster than me" and they actully race on the track on kauai, the only guy that actully does"no shame, no scade". but you dont see hime posting all his time slips online and showing everyone how fast his bike is claiming to be the fastes moped on kauai (out of 14 riders total on the island....)

when i post all i do is put pics (whatever crappy ones i could manage to take) and ask questions in hopes of getting some good help.

and brah if you think i mad about playing with mopeds you are hilarious. sorry but if making a fast moped was all i accomplished in my life i guess i would be a tuff guy online too.

hopefully someday i will know as much as you and be a proud moped souper upper :)

until then i guess the truth is out

I not really the best moped souper upper...

hahahah

and by the way i never said i taught everyne on kauai about mopeds, but, if anyone ask my help i tell them what little info i know and send them online, usually to this website.... and if they ask i dont make fun of them and tell them
"thats not porting...."
"for guy that supposed to build fast bikes you sure ask a lot of questions"
"did you really tune the carb?do you really know what you're doing?"

and you say kauai is funny... :) hehehe

:thumbsup:
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

my apologies to everyone else on the forum that did provide good advise and help to me.

this WAS going to be my spree buid thread but..... :jack:

i don't know enough about building mopeds to do a build thread anyway.

i'm too much of a

:newb:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Information is the eye of the beholder..
If you cant take constructive criticism in a positive way, I would advise you to not ask.

If you wanted to build that spree , do it, why ask. Knowledge is learned by experiences not by getting second hand information.
Pay your dues, destroy bore, and engines. Only then you will become a better tuner.

Alos if you think al didnt know anything, your right, he may not be the best person for information, but he doesnt tune most of his bikes. His brother does. Thats another thing I also like about him that he was honest about not tuning his bikes. Al and I have been friends for over 3 years now. He always had his black elite from when i first met him. We talk daily about bikes and parts. Yes its true, he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed when it come to mopeds , but he has something that most people dont. The love of mopeds, he and like many others wants to be fast, but he just does his own thing out there. I give him big "props" for being one of the only people who show up at the drag strip and actually "try" and promote mopeds in a positive public manner.

ill call him today for sure, among other guys there and really find out..
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Hey darrin i met Emilio over in maui one solid dude! Too bad we got large amounts of water separating all of us. Kauai no ones trying to put you down man some times the tone people use might not be the best but we all help each other. When i did my first port job darrin told me it was sloppy and rushed. I took that and spent twice as long on the next job and it came out alot better. I like that your building a spree. When i built mine i pmed some of the guys that had done the dio swap for questions no shame ask
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

tru72 wrote:Information is the eye of the beholder..
If you cant take constructive criticism in a positive way, I would advise you to not ask.which part was the constructive criticism? i could see if you said "that not how to port" and then gave some constructive advise on how to go about it your CORRECT way.

If you wanted to build that spree , do it, why asksorry again, i though that was what the forum was for "ask while you build"??? my bad i misunderstood. Knowledge is learned by experiences not by getting second hand information.
Pay your dues, destroy bore, and engines.not saying i paid any dues but i did explode over 4 cylinders in the last year" (trying to experiment with non premix) and when i talk to guys i always tell them how i blew my s*** up so maybe they don't make the same mistake as me Only then you will become a better tuner. <but you're right, i guess you know me, all i do is ask stupid questions that i SHOULD know the answers to and never try anything myself. dont really know crap about tuning and how to LEARN to tune mopeds all i say is i build the fastest bikes on kauai and i taught everyone here everything they know... Alos if you think al didnt know anything, your right, he may not be the best person for information, but he doesnt tune most of his bikes. His brother does yup i know, das what he says no high makamaka in him. Thats another thing I also like about him that he was honest about not tuning his bikes. Al and I have been friends for over 3 years now. He always had his black elite from when i first met him. We talk daily about bikes and parts. Yes its true, he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed when it come to mopeds , but he has something that most people dont. The love of mopeds, he and like many others wants to be fast, but he just does his own thing out there. I give him big "props" for being one of the only people who show up at the drag strip and actually "try" and promote mopeds in a positive public manner.

ill call him today for sure, among other guys there and really find out.. yeah call him and ask him how highly i speak of you when we talk and the motors you build come up. i always give props and hope one day i will get there too. but maybe i gotta re-think that.

by the way, if you look at ALL my posts, not 1ce did i ver tell anyone what to do or how to do it, never tried to make like i know more that what i do.
Last edited by kauaianman on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

kingkamehameha wrote:Hey darrin i met Emilio over in maui one solid dude! Too bad we got large amounts of water separating all of us. Kauai no ones trying to put you down man some times the tone people use might not be the best but we all help each other. When i did my first port job darrin told me it was sloppy and rushed. I took that and spent twice as long on the next job and it came out alot better. I like that your building a spree. When i built mine i pmed some of the guys that had done the dio swap for questions no shame ask
mahalo for the help king, i know you at keast gave me a little advise on porting instead of jus talking crap.

sorry to sound * off but sometimes it rubs me the wrong way when people assume stuff about you.

i was a chief flight instructor at Flight School Hawaii for the past 8 years before i started my own biz. all i know is that if any of my students did someting incorrect i would definitely let them know in a constructive way and encourage them to keep trying and even show them better ways to accomplish the task at hand that they may be struggling with.

if someone tried a complex maneuver in the air and did something wrong and i tell them "that not how to do it", "for a guy that supposedly studied this at home you really suck at it" i'm sure they would cancel the rest of their flights and try their hand at another career.

tried to hold my toung the first time, i even tried to ask for some advise politely as possible be all i get is. " ho brah i though you was the best guy already, why you gotta ask me"

so sorry if i take offense.

but is all good :blah: ... i going build my spree anyway. or at leas attempt it. probablly gotta start a new thread though :nervous: :lol:
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Start a build thread keep us updated with pics. If you want a straight motor mount with no welding contact mopedmark on here for a 87 elite s mount and search for traffic jams thread for how to trim the sides. Try getting the longest elite shock i used a prodigy. Drill a hole thru your frame and use a brand new motor mount bolt from honda its grade 10. I think its a m10x140. You can tack weld em to keep it in but mine stayed floating. Just gotta add some washers or make a spacer
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

kingkamehameha wrote:Start a build thread keep us updated with pics. If you want a straight motor mount with no welding contact mopedmark on here for a 87 elite s mount and search for traffic jams thread for how to trim the sides. Try getting the longest elite shock i used a prodigy. Drill a hole thru your frame and use a brand new motor mount bolt from honda its grade 10. I think its a m10x140. You can tack weld em to keep it in but mine stayed floating. Just gotta add some washers or make a spacer
thanks again.

yup. gonna start another build thread. just gotta finish my shock mount.

already learned the 87 mount trick from reading the forum :happy: but thanks anyway.

back to topic a little.

did you ever try the stock spree stator? i read you were have electrical issues after putting everything together on your spree. i know you got them sorted out but i also know a member suggested for you to use the stock spree stator, just wondering if you ever tried, and if you did what was result??

thats all i was looking for to begin with